Chapter 14

Coraline Jones: How can you walk away from something and then come towards it?
Cat: Walk around the world.
Coraline Jones: Small world.

-Tim burton, Coraline.

****LITERALLY JUST IMAGINE THIS SONG PLAYING, WHILE SHE IS THINKING, AND WATCHING HER OLD HOME BLOW UP****

It's called Control, by Halsey.

CORA'S POV:

There was no explanation as to what I was feeling right now.

The emotions were alien.

I am emotionally compromised.

Goreum's body slumped before me, as I pulled my saber from his heart.

Blood dripped from his robe, and stained the floor by my feet.

I took a step back from his body, my entire body was shaking.

I didn't have a mother?

And the only mother figure that I did have, I murdered because someone told me to?

Was I that gullible? Was I really that easily manipulated?

I stumbled back, and I felt Kylo by my side.

He grabbed my shoulders and I flinched, ready to beat the shit out of him for touching me.

"Cora. I understand what's happening, and I know it's hard, but we have to leave, now. Most of ships crew has been killed, and were setting charges everywhere to blow up the ship. We need to get out of here now."

He forced me to look up at him, he had taken his mask off, his eyes now staring into mine.

I swallowed and nodded, "Okay."

Let's go. He said as he slid his mask on, and we began making our way through the halls.

We were practically tripping on the dead bodies of all the crew.

I wiped those putrid tears that had escaped my eyes away, and led Kylo through the halls.

We arrived to the hanger, Stormtrooper's were being led onto the ships.

A division captain approached us.

"Fifty-three casualties, Sir. The charges have been set, and we are ready to deploy."

Kylo nodded at him, as he led me on board.

I sat down, and tried to steady my breathing.

I killed the only person that bothered to take care of me, just because someone said I should.

I will never make that same mistake again.

The plane took off, and I moved towards the hatch window, pressing my face against the window, as the ship I had spent my entire life on grew smaller.

"Deploy." Kylo said to someone in his mask.

A waving pulse of light passed through, causing the ship to stagger, and with that, red took over, the ship bursting into orange.

My old home was destroyed, and I was relieved.

"Are you okay?" Kylo asked me when he was finished talking to some guards, he came and sat by my side. He threw his mask to the side.