Chapter 16

"And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder. And I looked, and behold, it was Death, saying, 'Come and see.' And I saw. And Hell followed me.."

-Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

CORA'S POV:

I would not be as compromised as I was last night.

That was in the past, and I would not let it falter me.

Like Ren had said...it would fuel me.

I pulled on the cloak, and made my way to the board room, where Kylo had told me to meet him and Huxy.

I walked past the twin doors, until I came across a door labeled:

3218 BOARD ROOM

I sighed and opened it.

Inside there was Kylo, and Huxy.
They glanced at me, as I entered.

I nodded at them in recognition as I took a seat.

I felt Kylo's stare on me, but I kept my gaze on Huxy as I spoke.

"What's the plan?" I asked slowly.

"We attack Theed, on Naboo. That's their capital. If we go for the most populated, and popular cities in the planet. Then so word is going to spread faster on the planet...and possibly others as well."

I nodded, and risked a glance at Kylo.

Surprisingly he wasn't looking at me, his attention seemed to be elsewhere.

Dick.

"Okay, so we attack Theed, and then? What? Hoth? Kamino?" Kylo said, his gaze still elsewhere as he participated in conversation.

"Kamino." I said.

Their heads turned towards me, awaiting further explanation.

"It has a more...populated capital. Tipoca is it's capital, I think we have a better shot there, than anywhere on Hoth."

Huxy nodded, his gaze looking into mine, longer than necessary.

He broke the gaze, "We can send divisions four and seven. They have been focusing more of their training attention, on planet civilians. They are our more equipped trooper's for Theed, and Tipoca."

Kylo glanced at me, "So Cora and I will lead Division four into the east side of Naboo's, Theed. We will take care of their...security, and half of the cities civilians, while division seven takes care of the rest of the population."

I nodded, "When do we leave?"

"Immediately."

    I wore my mask...nothing had changed, and I still wanted to inflict as much fear as my image would allow.

It felt...safe. It was like I was reunited with my old...familiar, acquaintance.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped off the ship...was the colour.

It was...green.

I had never seen green so close to me, or so...alive.

A smirk crossed my face, as I signaled a Stormtrooper to burn the green...and the village.

The green would rot to ash.

The buildings would burn to rubble.