Brotherhood of Cain

Author: makingmyownworld

Genre: Werewolf

No. of chapter read: 3

First Impression: Werewolf mafia? It's the godfather with fur!

Cover: Is so deep. And it's probably Cain. Since this whole story probably focuses on Cain, I think it works. The scars on his face are intriguing, I appreciate the lack of naked man torso and the fonts are well chosen.

Cover rating: Like it.

Blurb: Short, to the point, with focus on the main characters. Yeah, I hate you already. You're giving me nothing to drag on about. Except maybe that the name Ethel reminds me of a little old lady, not a brunette spitfire... um, yeah.

Blurb rating: You're putting me to shame.

Let's get it on!

Second impression: Gah, why do I like this guy already, even if his a creepy stalker dude hidden in the shadows?

Actual review (drum roll please):

Language: I hate you woman! This review is supposed to be funny. But apart from some typos or accidental missing words, you're giving me nothing... Grr... I wish I could set Ethel's dog on you.

You should try to separate your dialogue and action better, though? Ha! I found something!

Language rating: Great without the sarcasm

Plot: Okay, I didn't actually read far enough to get a glimpse of the plot properly , but it seems to revolve around a badass Werewolf mafia head and his pack of rabid wolves. Oh, and a little girl this godfather wolf man is developing an unhealthy obsession for.

Also, there's apparently drugs, slums, helpless children who can be sold as sex slaves, dog fights with utilitarian dogs and much more skulduggery going on in the broken city of Citadel.

And why do you let Ethel watch your pack? Isn't  she like... a human child? Weirdo!

And deals with withces? The mysterious illness? Hell, yeah, I'm on board! Just take me to your Algerian drug dealer!

Plot rating: You got my attention

Characters:

Draven Cain: Is a badass. You can tell that from his first phrase. And he's been a badass for so long that he's being a badass without having to actually be a badass. I like how he calls Ethel elf. And how he's nice to her in a creepy I'm-a-werefolf-mafia-boss-who-could-break-your-bones-with-one-bite sort of way.

But dude, you're so coherent when you think, but once you start talking, I wanna punch you in the scar. You know, that scar on your damn mouth. Learn to talk!

And, ew, creepy much? You still think of Ethel as a little girl. Don't rub yourself all over her. That's just rude!

Ethel: is one wierd little girl turned attractive woman, but I wanna find out more about her and what she wants. About her illness, her past and why she's following Cain around.

Creepy guy in alley: is pretty much dead

Awesome scared utilitarian dog: Is awesome, scared and dang useful.

Musa: amusing and probably dead really soon. Don't enrage the mafia head werewolf, son, you might find yourself hunted down like a little baby rabbit.

Character rating: Loving me some characters

Why I stopped reading: Because I want to read this, not focus on finding things to tear it apart. Now go away and let me read!

Grade: Pass in a blaze of glory. I still hate you for making me not be funny about this, but there you have it. Take care of the song. I really like it.