Ravann

Author: @kaushal697

Genre: Short Story

No. of chapter read: 2

First Impression: A story based on an Indian myth. Sounds interesting.

Cover: Okay, the cover works. It's interesting, to the point, and connect well with the plot of the story. I know it looks like some dude having his brains blown out, but it's actually pretty deep. I also appreciate the lack of stickers.

Cover rating: Good

Blurb: What the bloody hell was that? I had to read and read and read again until I think I finally got what's going on. The content is fairly good, hinting at a reenactment of a popular story. But those jumbled words, oh, those extremely jumbled words. They make me want to poke my eyes out with a fork.

Please, please don't let the whole book be like that.

Blurb rating: Aaah *sticks fork in eye*

Let's get it on!

Second impression: The writing is exactly like that.

Actual review (drum roll please):

Language: English is definitely not your first language. But holy hell this looks like it's been churned out of Google translate. It hurts my eye to look at it. Okay, it could be the fork.

Please take some time out of your busy schedule and consider doing one of the following:

A. Learn how to form a correct phrase and use punctuation.

B. Get an editor willing to do it for you.

I'm a grammar Nazi, I think I mentioned that before. So for me, it's TORTURE to read. I only got through two chapters because I wanted to actually understand a little what the plot is all about.

The language is rambling and I actually have to guess what's going on. Not cool dude, not cool.

Language rating: I'm blind from sticking the fork in my eye.

Plot: The little plot I got wind of by reading the description and those two chapters sounds interesting enough, though it's actually in danger of becoming:

A. cliche

B. pathetic

C. totally awesome

The secret is moderation. The character is about to undergo huge change. Make sure the trigger of the change is as huge as his transformation. Make sure to use internal conflict properly and please, let all hell not break lose because a girl cheated on a guy.

So far, it seems pretty poetic, if not a little creepy.

Plot rating: A, B or C - depends on the delivery

Characters:

Rehan: seems okay, if a little clingy and creepy. Honestly, I don't get why he was so smitten with a girl who wouldn't even talk to him. And asking her to spend her life with him before actually asking her out was creepy as fuck. I think he's actually developed a dangerous obsession.

Tanya: was not crazy about this relationship from the get go. I don't like her, I don't see what's so great about her. She's also apparently a huge cheating bitch. Things won't end well.

Character rating: creepy

Why I stopped reading: I took my eyes out with the fork so I couldn't read any further, though I so desperately wanted to.

Grade: Fail. Really, really, if you can't do it yourself, get an editor, dude. The story actually seems readable. The words are not.