02|Trying To Make Changes.

"The sun will rise, and we will try again."

{On top is the picture of Jackson and Bree. }

Bree's pov.

I feel someone's hand on my forehead and turn around to meet Maria's sad smile.

It's not the first time she's found me like this. My left hand was sore and bandaged, just as expected; I almost forgot how it all happened.

"Brad told me what happened," Maria says with a small smile. Just as I sit up, a pain shoots through my skull, as a response to my groan, she hands me a glass of water.

My phone reads exactly eight o'clock; I managed to sleep for over five hours. Wow! It's something I haven't done in a long time.

"Come on, we'll have our dinner," Maria kisses my temple.

She leaves my room and before making my way downstairs, I take the time to brush my teeth. I wash my face with some face wash and wipe it dry with a towel before heading out.

I take a deep breath as I look at the dining table that was once filled with my family. The last thing I want is a look of pity; it would only make me feel worse. Maria serves me some soup first, which makes me feel a lot better.

"Did you tell Jackson?" I ask her.

"He tried calling you, and you didn't pick up, so he called me, and I told him," she answers in a small voice, and I just nod.

I took some spaghetti and ate it. The memories of how our whole family used to sit here and eat come across my mind making me lose my appetite.

"What is it, Bree? You're not eating," Maria questions.

"It's nothing. I'm just full," I lie and get up, attempting to control my tears. I walk as fast as I could into my room.

I collapse onto my bed and curl up into a ball. God, today is a horrible day.

I dial Jackson's contact. "Hey Jackson," I say to him as soon as he takes the call.

"Come on to face time," Jackson responds and drops the call. I grab my iPad and open face time.

"Hey," I greet him putting on a fake smile. I stopped smiling a long time ago.

"Hey Kitty," Jackson greets me back, smiling.

"Where is Amanda?" I inquire. Amanda is Jackson's wife, and she comes up beside him.

"Hey Bree," Amanda acknowledges me with a smile.

"She's pregnant," Jackson confesses, smiling.

"Congratulations! That's great news," I say trying to sound cheerful and give him my best fake smile. I couldn't give a genuine smile anymore, and he knew it.

"We've decided that we'll be coming there for Thanksgiving, and you'll be coming here for Christmas," Jackson informs, and I just nod.

"Show me your arm," Jackson asks me seriously after Amanda leaves us alone to talk.

I bring my arm to the camera and show him. He shakes his head, and I look down at my hands, ashamed.

The ReasonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara