04|A Phone Call.

"Sometimes it's things we love that destroy us."

Bree's pov.

I have my shower and put on a pair of jean shorts and a black lace top. My mom was a fashion designer, and she made sure I had all the clothes she ever designed.

My closet still had at least fifty new clothes that I haven't touched. I shake off the thought of my mom and head downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning Maria," I say as I get down the stairs.

"Good morning sweetheart," she says with a pleasant smile. I sit on one of the barstools and Maria hands me my breakfast. I have my breakfast in silence and Maria sits next to me having hers.

My phone starts to buzz as I place my plate in the dishwasher. I pick it up, not bothering to check who it was.

"Hey Breeeeeeee..." someone says with a cheery voice, and I immediately recognize the who it was.

It's Annie, Jared's elder sister. Fuck, I had to deal with them too.

"Hey Annie," I greet her.

"I had to ask you something," she says.

"Spill it out Annie," I say.

"I'm getting married, and I want you to be my bridesmaid," she says. Great, just fucking great. I couldn't even say no to her.

"Umm...okay," I say. This is fucking awesome, isn't it!

"Thank you so much, Bree... You'll have to come home at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. The wedding is in a week. Please come home in the afternoon," she says.

I'm so pissed off right now, and I couldn't even say no to her.

"Okay, I'll be there," I say.

"Thank you. Bye Bree," she says and drops the call. Fantastic.

I throw my phone onto the couch and shake my head. I'll have to go and put up a fucking fake smile in front of everybody.

How did she get my new number? Oh, no! She called Jackson.

They are getting me into this so that I could move on which is not going to happen. I dial Jackson's number.

"Good morning Kitty," he says.

"I'm so fucking pissed off at you. You gave Annie my number, didn't you?" I ask him.

"Umm... I may have given it," he says.

"Just tell me why Jackson?" I ask him pleading.

"I want you to get out and make friends Kitty. I can't see you suffering anymore," he says. He's doing all he could to help me move on. He's just trying to help me.

"I know you're concerned about me Jackson but I'm not sure how going to Jared's house is going to help me either," I tell him and groan at the thought.

"But you can't run away from the truth Bree. I want you to move on from what happened, and it can only happen by accepting whatever has happened," he says. I let his words play in my mind.