thirtneen :love, not a relationship.

check out my new book "women are not objects".

I haven't gone to school in the past week due to the fact that I couldn't bare being anywhere near Matt- and even worse, Hazel. My dad has caught on to my fake sickness and today he is making me go back. I don't know why I am so scared, but I just am. I don't want to be near either of them right now, I don't want to be near anybody.

I quickly got dressed and put my hair up. I looked like shit but who cares- I have no one to impress anymore. Matt and Hazel are both out of my life.

I went downstairs and saw my dad sitting on the couch. I made a bunch of fake coughs and watched as his head spun around.

"Sage, you have been gone for a week. It's time to go back honey."

"BUT DADDY IM REALLY SICK!" I made my best fake puking noise and began coughing again.

"Go to fucking school Sage. I know your faking."

I sighed at my dad's response. Yep. There is NO way of getting out of going to school today.

I threw on my backpack and walked out the door getting into my car. As I drove to school all the thoughts of Matt and Hazel came into my head as tears began rolling down my smooth cheeks. When I arrived I looked at myself in the car mirror and realized my face was covered in tears and was red. I put on my sunglasses and walked into the building. Again, I looked like absolute shit.

The bell rang as I began making my way to first hour, the class that I sit directly next to Matt and right in front of Hazel. I'm not ready for what is about to happen with me and them. I walked into the classroom and rolled my eyes as the teacher told me to take my shades off.

Then I looked back.

Matt was sitting there staring at me, obviously surprised about me finally showing up to school. I turned away from him and broke eye contact, finally walking towards my seat.

"Hi Sage," Matt told me.

"Hello,"

"Where have you been the past week?"

"I was sick." I looked him sternly into the eyes and turned away.

"Were you avoiding me?"

"No. I was sick."

He nodded and faced the board. I hate lying to him, but it's what I have to do. As I was paying attention to the teacher, I then felt a large, muscular hand placed on my thigh. I looked down and saw it was Matt.

"WHAT THE FUCK MATT," I screamed and threw his hand off of my leg.

He shushed me and I watched the teachers head turn towards us.

"Sage, we do not use that type of language in this classroom. Go to the office, NOW!" She sternly yelled at me and I began to leave. Tears began rushing off my eyes. I have never been to the principals office before, and I was hoping I never would be. Right before I left the room, I heard her speaking again.

"Matt, you too for disrupting Sage and the entire class." Matt got up and stared at me with an apolagetic look on his face. When we reached the hallway he began to speak.

"Sage, I'm sorry."

"Matt, what gave you the right to put your hand near my... area?"

"Last week you said you loved me."

"I also said I didn't want to be with you,"

"So you don't love me?"

"Well, I..I.. I don't know anymore. I don't know what I think about you,"

"Just a reminder Sagie, when you love someone you normally don't take an entire week off from school to avoid them,"

I stared at him blankly. He was right. Maybe I don't love him like I thought I did.

I watched as he stormed out of the building and I followed him outside.

"Matt! Where are you going? We were supposed to go to the office!"

"And you were supposed to fucking be with me. I guess things don't always work out like you thought they would."

"Matt, please don't run away from me!"

"You ran away from me for an entire week." I saw a tear fall down Matt's face. "I thought you loved me, and I knew I loved you, but I hate what's going on here. We belong together! Me and you! Everyone can call us 'Mage' or 'Satt'. You can't walk away from something that is perfect Sage."

"Are you crying?" I asked him as more tears fell from his silver colored eyes.

He turned his face away from me and went and sat on a bench with his head barried in his hands. I followed and placed my body next to his.

"Why are you still out here?" He asked me.

"I can't stand seeing you like this." I responded. I watched as he continued sobbing into his hands. "Just a reminder Matthew, when you love someone you normally don't take an entire week off of school just to avoid them."

He looked up into my eyes. "Why are you saying what I told you? It isn't helping."

"Let me finish," I began to state. "When you love someone you normally don't take an entire week off of school just to avoid them, but sometimes being away from someone can make the love between them stronger."

I stared into his eyes.

"I love you Matt."

He wrapped his hands around my shoulders and pulled me into him. Our lips met and we both had the best kiss of our lives.

He spoked against my lips, "I love you too, and I always will,"

The kiss was better than any of our other ones due to one thing- I loved him and he loved me and nothing would ever change.

Hey guys I haven't updated in WEEKS so I hope this chapters okay :) Btw in the next chapter I am gonna get into what is going on between Sage and Hazel so keep watching for when I update. And thank you all so much for 6k reads!! I love you all :) Comment on your fav parts