1. The Scarlet Knife

Blurb:

Evil. Wanted. Killer. That's how people describe Aura, or should I say "The Scarlet Knife".   

Hello Reader, 

Listen, and listen closely. I'm not who they say I am. There's no need to be scared. The people I hurt have hurt others in the past. The people I kill have killed others in the past. The people who named me, don't really know me. Everything I do is for a reason. There are things the public doesn't know. Things the government hide. I was only seven years old when I escaped. Now I must help others do the same. I am Aura

My impression after reading the story: A definite page turner.

Interview:

Q. Why do you read/write?

A. I read for a few reasons. One being it's always accessible, unlike TV or movies which have limits to when you can watch. I love being able to envision the characters myself instead of seeing an actor portray them and sometimes I'll envision myself as a character instead if I love what I'm reading. It's really a means of escape. In a book, anything can happen and I like to take advantage of that. I write because I want to give others that experience. I want them to read my story and picture themselves as my main character, to give them a little fantasy world of their own.

Q. Which genre of book you don't prefer to read and why?

A.I don't love fan fiction or non fiction. Fan fiction because I find it hard to enjoy a story that I can't really create the characters for in my mind because they already exist. Non fiction because as I said, I read for an escape and there's no fun in reality, at least not often

Q.Is Scarlet knife your first book?

A. Scarlet knife is my first book I'm dedicated to. There have been a few tries at some random pieces of fiction that I just never really felt passionate about writing and they were deleted from Wattpad long ago.

Q. From where did you get the idea of writing Scarlet Knife?

A. I had read Legend by Marie Lu and started to read Maximum Ride by James Patterson, both amazing stories! They inspired me to write my own little dystopia. I made sure not to copy either book, to make it my own- I actually never finished Maximum, but they did inspire me greatly. Aura is the product of my childhood imagination of being a secret agent, to feel dangerous and independent. As the story progresses I wanted her to be relatable to the readers. No one can be strong all of the time and I know that. I don't think many people would like her if she was simply perfect

Q. Is there any reason you named your main character Aura?

A.Her name is Aura because a person's aura is meant to describe their true self. Aura goes through phases where she doesn't know who she is or what she's doing so I thought by naming her Aura I could help show that she doesn't have one solid personality yet she always stays true to her heart and what she thinks is right.

Q.The chapter Grace was well written, filled with lots of emotions, even the comments below says so. How did you personally feel while writing it down?

A. Thank you, it's definitely one of the more memorable parts of the story as the readers have suggested. I was extremely nervous writing the chapter. I wasn't sure how people would react. I'm extremely relieved that they liked it and I'm even glad that many of them became emotional over it. I was worried that it wasn't written well enough and that the readers would simply see it as a sappy, sad chapter. The goal was absolutely to get an emotional reaction- not just a sympathetic one. Towards the end I definitely became choked up myself. She may have been a minor character in the sense that she didn't appear for very long but I have a best friend that I've known since I was 3 or 4 years old and having the mentality of giving her up and her leaving while I was writing was definitely difficult. And that's the mentality that I hoped all of my readers would experience

Q. Are you planning a sequel?

A. I'm still deciding on if there should be a sequel because I'm not sure when to end this story. I planned to end it sooner rather than later, leaving room for a sequel but I'm not sure if that makes the story too short or not. I guess we will see where we stand with the next few chapters.

Q. How do you enjoy reviewing others' works?

A. I love reviewing other's work because I always have something new to read! I often worry about it I critique a piece if the author will be upset but so far no one has anything negative to say regarding my opinions and I hope it stays that way!

Q. How much time do you generally take to read and review a book?

A. I take a week or 2 generally depending on length. Also, I do have a life outside of Wattpad so somethings may delay or speed up the process. If someone's book will take longer than that I will let them know in advance.

Q. Who is your favorite Author? And why?

A. I don't have a favorite author because everything I read is generally part of a series and once I finish that series I start a new one and I almost never pick another series from the same author that I just read. However, my favorite book is a verse novel titled Forget Me Not by Carolee Dean. It's not part of a series but it's a beautiful piece! Because it's a verse novel it offers a bit of variety on each page and it very fun to read once you get the hang of it. I also believe the story is incredibly interesting but of course I won't give spoilers out! If you have ever read 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher it's similar in concept though still not the same at all. Both deal with suicide and both tell the story of why it was committed. However, Forget Me Not has a fantasy element to it that I can not reveal. A very close second is Skinny by Donna Cooner that explains a young lady's journey through accepting her body after a major surgery to help lose weight. Again there's a bit of a fantasy element here too.

Q. If you meet your fav author, what question would you like to ask?

A. If I met Carolee Dean I would ask how she got into writing in verse. What her favorite poem is in the novel. And what was her inspiration for such a complex idea.

Q. Can you give a brief description about your experiences in Wattpad. (What you like and dislike?)

A. At first I didn't love Wattpad because of feedback. I got very little and assumed it meant I was a bad writer. I didn't so much dislike Wattpad as I hadn't been as excited to upload as I am now with a bigger audience. But with that said I am also now grateful for that because it made me want to write more complex chapters in hopes of gaining a greater amount of readers. I also post The Scarlet Knife to QuoteV.com where in the beginning I received a lot of comments and likes but that slowly diminished as the story progressed which I actually don't mind so much now. I write because I want to entertain others but only if they enjoy it just as much as I do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Kay__Hana for answering amazingly to all my questions. I wish you continue the story. :)