14. Bedevilled Angel

Author:  yashlynn29

Blurb:

Grace simply took a walk on a seemingly innocent night when it took a cold turn.

A stranger who attacked her on that terrifying night kept trying to get back to her. Or get her to him.

She had no choice but to trust and rely on two strangers and their friends to keep herself safe from the person who seemed like the devil himself.

As she battles her own conscience on whether to surrender in order to save her new guardians, she faces a new dilemma.

Her heart is pulled in two directions, towards the two men who are fighting to protect her as well as to have her.

Grace finds herself making decisions faster than she would like too. But are they the right ones?

My Impression: Will keep you wanting for more.

Interview:

Q. Can you recall how your interest in writing originated?

A. I always had a knack for creating stories, making them up as I go. Some of my friends even said that listening to me tell stories is almost as good as reading the book itself. Every night, I would tell my sister rosewood20 bits and pieces of my story. It turned out that story time with me was her favorite time of the day! Going through a rough phase of life, stories were my escape, even more the world I created. After a nudge from my sister, a push from my best friend Amy_Chan10 and a shove from my own desire for pursuing something I might actually be good at, I decided to put all my ideas onto paper. Well, not literally.

Q. Do you personally believe in angels?

A. I would have to say yes. Why else would I be writing a story inspired by angels? I'm not a Christian so angels were often things I see only in books or movies. One day, something got me thinking. If demons exist, don't angels? I asked around, mainly my Christian friends and everyone's favorite, the Internet. The more I came to know, the more the idea of angels intrigued me. Books like Hush, Hush (and Crescendo, Silence, Finale) by Becca Fitzpatrick and The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare really inspired me to play with the idea of angels walking on Earth and creating a world of my own.

Q. Who is you favorite character of your story and why?

A. Hmmm... that's difficult because as an author, you grow to love all your characters, good or otherwise. But I think I would have to go with Grace. She grows a lot throughout the series. At first, she is afraid of all the new things and information she is getting exposed to and for everything; herself, her family, even her newfound friends. People might think it's unrealistic that Grace would put her own life in danger for a bunch of people she knew for barely a fortnight. In my mind, it's not unrealistic. It just shows she's selfless. Her selflessness helps her build into the braver, stronger woman she becomes later on. Her ability to love so quickly and easily might be a weakness to other people's eyes but to mine, it's a strength. Love doesn't make you weak. It makes you stronger. Love drove Grace to do things she wouldn't never dare of doing if she didn't want to protect those she love. Actually, Grace's character is everything I want to be. She's pretty, smart, kind, loving, selfless and later, brave.

Q. Do you put yourself in any of the character's position and write how you'd react, or otherwise?

A. Sometimes, yeah. It depends on whose POV I'm writing in. If it's Grace's, then I do write what I would do if I was in her place. With Jake, I tend to think more roguishly and react recklessly. Jeremy, on the other hand, is a character I treat with care. His mind is so clear and honest. He does what he thinks is right, after considering what the effect of his action might be towards everyone around him. He trusts his instincts and in return, it helps him in a lot of scenarios. Something I don't do often when I should be.