13. Her

Blurb: She was like his drug, addictive and destructive, but I was not her.

My Impression: Beautiful & Tragic

Interview:

Q. How did you get your start as an author?

A. I have always been a person who loves to express myself in many different ways and writing would be one of them. I got my start in writing with my first book 'The Face of a Warrior", I got up to about seven chapters when I realized that I was writing a book that I wasn't passionate about and that had offered me no way to express myself or the things I cared about, so I scrapped it and took a hiatus from writing for quite some time. This I suppose you could say was the beginning where I realized that writing was more than just words on pieces of paper, but an escape which one had to be passionate about writing.

Q. Are your characters based on your real life?

A. Yes and no, I guess you could say I draw inspiration from real life characters and situations I encounter, but other times characters just pop into my head and I write them.

Q. Describe your personal feelings while writing about your protagonist.

A. Whilst writing about my protagonist I felt numb, in a trance like state. I don't quite know how to describe it, it was the kind of feeling where one is so entranced your story that nothing else really matters. I felt her pain and became the character in a way, completely slipping into her state of mind.

Q. How do you immerse yourself in the main character's life?

A. I get to know them, think of their favorite color, home life, fears. I get to know them as if they were a real person, therefore making their world real. 

Q. Where do you think your book is heading?

A. I think my book 'Her' is headed for a happy ending, it may not be perfect, but it will show how much strong she has become and how life doesn't end after something horrible takes place and how you can come out stronger.

Q. How much of your story is outlined before you started writing?

A. Well with all the previous books I've written I haven't really done much planning (big mistake, trust me, always plan), as I have generally written them as I went along not really planning the exact things that take place, but rather the beginning, middle/climax, end as well as the main issue in the book.

Q. Are you planning any other story rather than 'Her'?

A. Yes I am. It is also teen fiction but a whole lot more snarky with a few reverse clichés which I hope my readers will enjoy when I find time to write it.

Q. Where is your favorite place to read/write a book?

A. Well with writing it would probably be in my house in front of my computer as it is the warmest place in the house, but with reading it is pretty much anywhere.

Q. What is an aspect of being a writer that you didn't know about going in?

A. Outlining and getting to know your character, before writing I always thought that writing came easily, but honestly it doesn't and you need to have an idea of where your story is going and who your character is before writing or else you may lose focus and inspiration for your book.  

Q. Do you ever get midway into writing a book and hit a wall? How do you get through that?

A. Yes all the time, but all I can say is that you need to think about the reason you wrote the book in the first place and use that as a driving force to push through the roadblock. You could also take a look at writing prompts or just go to areas where you feel inspired to write, to get all the juices flowing again and what not.

Q. What is favorite novel and why?

A. Honestly I do not have one favorite as I love a wide variety of books and don't like to place one above the other as they are all equally brilliant in their own way.

Q. If you could transport yourself into a character of any book, what would it be and why?

A. Hmmm I think it would have to be Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice as I am a hopeless romantic and the idea of falling in love and finding the one is something that I consider very important.

Q. Tell us about your experiences on wattpad?

A. Well I joined Wattpad a year ago when I was desperate for something to read and after I found it and became addicted. I read as often as I could and wrote my own book a few months after joining, only to scrap it as life became too busy and I lost my inspiration for the book, after that I took a rather long hiatus from writing, until one of my good Wattpad friends asked me to write a book with her and slowly my writing inspiration came back to me and I began writing again, publishing Her six months later.

Q. What books are you reading and planning to read (On and off Wattpad)

A.  On Wattpad:

The Doughs and The Do-Nuts by HidingCalypso (still have a couple chapters I plan on finishing soon)
Break Free Roselle by BelWatson  ( waiting for it to be released)
The Lexie project  by HeatherDemetrios   (I want to reread it, it was that good)

Off Wattpad:

Whatever new Shadow Falls book C.C Hunter releases

(I know I don't have many books to read, any suggestions)

Q. How do you compare your story with other romantic stories on Wattpad?

A. I guess I could say that mine is different in the sense that I wanted people who read it to become the character in a sense and think of her breakup as their own or be reminded of their own and see that it is possible to come out stronger or be reminded of how they became stronger. I did this by not giving the main character a name or any other information about her besides the breakup.

Q. Do you think books based on Romance gets more attention on Wattpad?

A. Yes absolutely as everyone craves that perfect romance or can relate to that horrible breakup which makes them a weakness for many readers ( myself included).

Q. What are the best and the worst comments you received on your story lately?

A. Honestly All of the comments I have received on my book have been wonderful and full of support seeing as the people who read my book are absolutely wonderful and I can't say one was the best as I appreciate all of the constructive criticism and praise I receive as I am only at the beginning of my writing journey and have a lot to improve and work on and am thankful for my readers who give my book a chance.

Q. What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

A. I would tell them to only write stories they are passionate about and have a burning desire to tell to the world. I would tell them that it is okay if not everything works out and not to care about how many people your book reached as long as you are able to touch or make at least one person laugh at your story you are doing great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Dellathehunter for such inspiring answers. :)