11.The Light of My Life

Blurb:

"You save me from my own self, you light up the nights of my life, you are the light of my life."

Rose Smith is a normal girl who works as an attorney. What happens when her boyfriend, or better yet, her fiancé, sells her off into human trafficking? How will she escape the clutches of hell in which she is stuck? Will some gentleman help her?

Read on to find more!

My Impression: Flawless blend of crime and romance.

Interview:

Q. How did you come with the story based on human trafficking?

A. I came up with this concept because I thought that this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Very few people know that crimes like these exist in our world. Awareness is important. That is why I did it.

Q. Is any character from your story based on your  life?

A. Yes. The female protagonist's unyielding willpower comes from mine. And, the male protagonist let's go of his dreams for the sake of his family. I've did that and suffered a lot. So, I meant to show there that people must follow their dreams, at any point of time in their lives, however small they might be.

Q. Describe your personal feelings while writing down about the tragedies faced by Rose?

A. All I felt was that I must describe her feelings properly so that people understand just how much pain one faces in slave trading.

Q. Don't you think Rose is trusting Lorentz way to easily after everything she had been through?

A. Here comes the funny part. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I've mentioned that she tries not to trust him, in the latest chapter. She doesn't know what it is that is in Lorentz's touches that soothe her. For someone, who is so traumatized, I think she does need someone's support to drive her demons away. It might sound cliché, but as I told you, I'm a hopeless romantic. So I hope people will bear with me for that.

Q. Did any book inspire you into writing?

A. Book, you ask.. hmm.. I don't know.. but, my favorite author is Jane Austen. I've always wanted to be like her, and attain a level in English grammar that is as high as hers. So, I just wrote down whatever ideas came into my mind.. but, mostly, no. I haven't really been inspired by any book, by I was inspired by an author. And, yeah, that is Jane Austen.

Q. Have you been planning on any other genre rather than romance?

A. This book, is actually, half mystery and half romance. The way they uncover everything, is more of a suspense thriller, type if you'd ask me. But, the latest chapters have been a bit romantic, but that's because I wanted to establish the relationship between the male and female protagonists. So, yeah.

Q. What makes a great romantic story?

A. Romantic story.. hmm.. trust I guess. Trust between the male and female protagonists is what is the most important thing. It applies for real life too.

Q. Do you enjoy revisiting your characters or create new ones?

A. Yeah, I do! I enjoy visiting the old chapters I've written and having a good laugh at them. :)

Q. What is more important-Character or Plot?

A. The most important character here in my story is, Rose. The story revolves around her, so she is vital, I guess.

Q. How did you come up with the title of the story?

A. I think the title is something that comes from my life, but I'm really not ready to share it. However, I'll tell you as to why I chose it for my story. When the female protagonist, Rose was pushed into human trafficking, her life became dark. The darkness threatened to swallow her whole. Even if she was brave, everyone falls victim to their weaknesses at least once in their lifetime. When, she was about to fall, he came into her life like a light into her darkness. Same goes for him. When, he was broken inside, both his heart and soul, and he was suffering with fake people everywhere in his life, she came into his life, and brought purity and light into it. He was enchanted by her. It was something he never experienced before. He slowly fell for her. Hence the title.

Q. Which of your characters has been most challenging to write?

A. Rose, the female protagonist has been the most challenging to write, so far. Her feelings of turmoil and trauma are difficult for me to express. Not just her feelings, but as to how to make the readers experience them, is what is important for me.

Q. If there is one thing you want to change in your story what would it be?

A. I don't really know.. I haven't thought about it till now, actually.. now that you ask the question, I'll have to think about it:)

Q. Why did you decide to use Italian language?

A. I've always wanted to learn Italian. Now that I am learning it a bit, I wanted to put it good use. Hence, the use of the language. P.s: It is a sexy language! ;)

Q. What is your favorite scene from your story?

A. Favorite scene, is the one in the first chapter, where Harry whispers into her ear, as to how he cheated on her. I think I find it interesting because, it shows the harsh truth about the society. How people are, and as to how we mustn't trust them.

Q. If you could choose one character from your story to spend a day with, who would it be? And why?

A. I would choose James! He is so cool! I mean I created him, and all, but I can't help but, swoon over his cool nature! *Please don't think I'm weird!*

Q. Describe your experiences on Wattpad.

A. Wattpad has been an amazing experience for me. It has taught me so many things, that I can't even count. It has taught me many valuable life's lessons. Also, it is a terrible addiction for me.

Q. What is your favorite novel.

A. My favorite novel is and always will be, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I also love Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy. I love many other books too, like, the Da Vinci Code, by dan brown and many others.

Q. What book are you reading / planning to read. (on and off Wattpad)

A. I don't really know.. I'll have to see.. I'll get my hands on the first interesting book, I'll find, I guess

Q. Who is your favorite author. If you get a chance to ask a quest to your fav author, what would it be?

A. Obviously, Jane Austen! But, unfortunately, I can't ask her anything. The great author has left us all long back.

Q. If not romance, what genre of books you prefer to read/write.

A. I would love to write mystery or suspense thrillers.

Q. What advice would you like to give to aspiring writers?

A. Love what you write. Even if you don't get acknowledged for it, write what you love and love what you write. Your efforts will get paid off one day, for sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you hinata_ricci. Can't wait for your next chapter. :)