19. The Velvet Healer

Blurb: "A Rape Victim" and "A Man of Many Secrets" -A story of Survival.

After experiencing sexual assault at a tender age, Priyasha mostly considered herself as used and violated. She often felt numb with the flashbacks and scared that her past would return. Although, the desperate venture to settle down in her life wasn't easy and the situation worsened with a wrong decision. Her new apartment owner wasn't someone he claimed to be. His aim abode on the collapse of a particular businessman. And she discovered eventually he was a man of many secrets. Would she be able to find his secrets? Did they really matter to her? What should be her decision standing between her past and equally terrifying present? Find out this romantic suspense in --- The Velvet Healer

My Impression: A spellbinding romantic-thriller with characters who will move readers.

Interview : 

Q. How did you get your start as an author?

A. I can't remember my age when I started writing my first story. It was about two brothers and their adventures in a dream world. Just because, I was little, the story was also little and very many children like. (However, I'm positive, it'd make a great children fiction if I edit that down properly.) I really don't know, how it happened...but one day I wrote that story and read it to my Maa. She liked it and I was very happy. After that...I didn't stop. (I tried once but failed miserably. Ha!)

Q. What inspired you to write this story?

A. Love-Hate relationship. Oh, how much I love twisted minds and their take on other person's lives to make it miserable, but at the same time, they care for each other as psychopaths. I wanted to create a character, that simultaneously loves and hates his partner. I used to like these kinds of stories so much and then ... I grew up! (chuckles) No honestly, in the first draft, the story was exactly so. Then I realized, it's not palatable. So, I changed bits and pieces of the characters in the new one to make it more realistic.

Q. Who is your fav and least likable character and why?

A. My favorite character has always been Jai. The innocent boy gave so much effort and gave his best to comply with Abhiraj's every order. He was a 'good at heart but victim of time' character, which is relatable to almost every one of the society. He was loving towards Priyasha and worried for her from the very start and which shows how pure was he from the bottom of his heart. He was like that brother to me I never had. I have always wanted a brother like Jai, and that's basically the main reason why I like Jai's character the most. 

My least favorite character is Abhiraj. I'm sorry, but it's true. A person who is deceptive and secretive cannot be my most favorite character. Just because it was Priyasha, she has accepted him in the long run, I would have run away far from him from the very beginning. Then also, it is a story and it was meant to happen like that. ((laughs) my cousin would kill me if she learns about this. She is just head over heels for Abhiraj! I'm not sure why! Wait... I do, though! (chuckles))

Q. Are you a plotter or pantser?

A. A plotter. I used to be a pantser in my younger days of writer life. Then, as time passed I realized it wouldn't work for me. Because I used to have four story ideas in my head at a time, but couldn't even finish at least one. So, I had to switch to the old but more convenient strategy, i.e plotting one story at a time and write it down altogether, to get them as a whole. 

Q. Are your characters based on anyone from your life?

A. Well, each reflects (not the character) Priyasha had throughout the story... are mostly mine. I would have thought the same if I was in her place. Apart from that, no. None of the characters are based on anyone from my real life.