4. The Mystery Of 79° 41'E

Blurb:

What happens when the high priest of Sri Kalahasati Temple is kidnapped? Why was he kidnapped? What was the link that he bore? How will his granddaughters rescue him? What is the clue left by him for his granddaughters? As they start investigating they realize how deep the conspiracy is.....

My impression: The mystery behind "The Dance of Delight" revealed in a perfect dramatic manner.

Interview:

Q. Why are you on Wattpad?

A. I joined Wattpad, primarily to read books. Writing was something which was totally unexpected

Q. What is your biggest inspiration to write a story?

A. After reading books that authors have written here, I thought of writing too. I never thought that my book will be appreciated.

Q. What is your main idea behind telling the story about Nataraja statue?

A. I keep surfing on the Internet when I came across a video on YouTube. The video was about how few people bought back the stolen Nataraja statue of Brihadesvara Temple. It is really disappointing to see the heights of greed. I mean you are ready to sell the heritage of your country for money. Really disgusting.

Q. How do you develop your characters?

A. This was tough part. Thinking how many characters, naming them and shaping their personalities took lots of time. Their names had to sounded from a particular state. Developing five priest characters was difficult when you have met only one priest.

Q. Who is fav character and why?

A. My fav character is Chaitra. She is smart and cool headed. She did not lose her cool when she came to know that her grandfather was kidnapped. Patience is a rare quality to possess.

Q. Did you plan a sequel?

A. I didn't plan any sequel. Writing sequel was never in my mind.

Q. What is it you like about Indian culture? And why?

A. Forgetting about the people who have commented on intolerant India, India is actually a very tolerant country. It teaches us unity in diversity. After living in Mumbai for a decade and meeting people of different cultural and religious background, you can learn a lot. If fluency is ignored, I can understand nine languages.

Q. Do you think the Indian myth and culture lacks the awareness it deserves?

A. Yes, I think Indian culture lacks awareness it deserves. People give credits to Japanese for their martial arts. But they don't know that the martial arts, especially Karate, was the brainchild of India. They learned it through seafaring Keralites.

Q. Why do you want people to read your story?

A. I want people to read my story because I am trying to sort of promote Indian culture. Secondly they can come to know about South India.

Q. Is there any other story in your mind that you want to write?

A. Currently, I am writing another book in General Fiction called as 'Durga'. It is a woman who is oppressed and how she fights back, thereby, standing on her own film. Other than this I am thinking of other stories but I haven't written anything.

Q. What part of writing do you think you want to improve?

A. I think I have to improve my part of narration where I describe the surroundings. I have always faced this problem while writing essays. I am working on it. I hope I will improve it.

Q. Tell us about your experiences in Wattpad (Likes and dislikes)

A. The thing I like about Wattpad is that I can make so many friends. I have never made so many friends in my real life. People here are so helpful. The comment box is really helpful because it helps an author to understand what reader has understood and whether the author was successful is conveying his/her idea.

Q. What are the books that you like/hate in Wattpad? And why?

A. I don't hate any books on Wattpad because it is very difficult to write a book. Of course, I don't like when people copy someone's idea. The books which I like, it's a long list. I am talking about those books which I read until now.

Alamana by BTalekar 
Bali : Rebirth by Chaandreyee 
Hayden Mackay (both the books) by @jyothi89; 
Indarani by kusumanjali_akula
Kamakshya by Amy_LoveBlue
Miss. Idly and Mr. Dhokla by sugisekar
Parinayam by rukish
The Palace of Moon's Tree by nityayuvani
The Static Radio by geek_glasses
Tripping Lila by saramic
You Are My Golden Spring Time by UdhayAkshara

Q. Who is your fav author/book and why?

A. There are many favorite authors. I think I like books written by Dan Brown, especially The Da Vinci Code, because his books are simply amazing.

Q. What advice would you like to give to your fellow and aspiring writers?

A. When you have an new idea, just listen to your heart and write the book if you want your idea to reach out. Improvement comes with time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you likhitha9. Your love for Indian Culture is inspiring. I wish you write many more stories on our beautiful traditions and culture and let people enlighten. All the best.