21. Life Threads Series (Duology)

Author: Shivangi Srivastav

Blurb :   

Book 1: What if Our Life Threads Bind?

What if love finds a way to you through death....?What if death falls in love with you itself....?

When Martha enters her freshman year in college, she expects more work, responsibilities and a future of an emerging author for herself. Martha has always been a fan of romance, drama and fiction filled novels and so she also fancies her first real, non-one-sided love in her college. Enters AustinAustin Templeton is the kind of guy that every film director wants to film. He is everything Martha has read about in a goofy boy-shy girl love story. As time flies, Martha finds herself falling in love with him. But Martha is the Goddess of death and destiny; one of the fates and Austin- a mortal. In this dark paranormal story based on greek mythology, follow the pair in their quest of love and deviate from what is written. 

Book 2: We Bent fate

Martha gets stolen from the underworld in the supervision of Hades and his subordinates. Hades suspects that she is taken back to the living world and, Chloe and Lila wish if they could get back Martha because the world they were to protect and supervise is being interfered with; being collapsed by something Martha created...Something that only she can control. For the second time, follow Martha Moirai and Austin Templeton, as narrated by Austin himself this time, into a world of Greek mythology, supernatural powers, myths, revenge, love, and sacrifice.

My Impression: A Lovely mix of Greek Mythology and Modern Day romance.

Interview: 

Q.  Tell us something about your duology. How did you come up with the idea to write the story of Martha? 

 A. 2017 was the year for me when I was almost recovering from a recent tragic incident of my life and it was then when I had started reading Cupid's Match by Lauren Palphreymen, here on wattpad. It is too a Greek myth-based book about cupids, and after reading about all the Greek Gods and Goddesses mentioned in the book, I was intrigued. So I started researching all the characters and Greek myths in general. There I came across the three Greek Goddesses of destiny, The Fates. These three hit a different chord inside me. 

Every now and then, I have seen myself and others doubting their fates and saying how lucky or unlucky they are. When we are low, we need someone to tell us that it will get better. So...I did just that. I wrote this duology for myself and for anyone else in this world who feels that their fate sucks. 

 I truly believe that some power out there is planning our lives, writing and rewriting our fates and the things that happen to us based on our choices. Likewise, through my duology, I wanted to make people believe and have faith in God and the decisions they make. 

 Martha was really fun to write about. She has a big heart and she truly cares about everyone else in this world. I thought that maybe writing about a Goddess who truly cares about everyone, people who are hopeless would then find some reason to not give up hope and put some faith in her and in their fate.

Q. Why Greek Myth? 

 A. It's not just about 'Greek' mythology. I love mythologies and the ancient enigmatic stories about people with power. Just like I said before, the idea of three goddesses of fate got the best of me first and this reason alone further urged (and still urges) me to research and write about Greek mythology. 

 I even fancy myself writing about some Indian mythology(being an Indian myself) someday, and maybe other mythology stories of all around the world.