7. The Hardest Choice

Blurb:

"I leaned closer to her and within no time our lips met and we ended up kissing each other fervently. For me it was the most blissful experience. But then I saw the tears streaming down her eyes. Even though she tried to stop them but they flew like a river from a glacier. I wanted to ask her the reason for this when suddenly myself phone rang. My mother was angry as I had not informed her about my whereabouts. So I had to go. She tried to stop me but I had to go."

Often love happens in the most unlikely situations, Satvik, Nikhil and Anukriti had realized this evident truth too late. Satvik and Nikhil whom she considered her support system, has fallen in love at the same time. What will she do especially at a time when she is herself going through a lot of turmoil?

Embark on their journey as they discover the lines between friendship and true love.

My Impression: I am not a sucker for romantic stories. But I am glad I chose this sad and bittersweet but totally engrossing love saga.

Interview:

Q. What made you to write a story on genre romance?

A. I wrote romance because I am quite comfortable writing it, even though I haven't read much romantic novels. Also as you can see in The Hardest Choice, I am good at portraying emotions(don't intend to praise myself), rather than suspense, so I chose romance. It is the genre I read on Wattpad mostly.

Q. What is the agenda to develop your characters?

A. My characters are not developed for an agenda, they are developed so that they touch Hearts. I want my readers to feel the same anguish, same happiness, same pain that they feel. Also I feel that if through my characters some social evil can be represented then nothing more good can happen. My every book has some problem highlighted either in the whole book or in a particular chapter.

Q. Who is your favorite character and why?

A. My favorite character is Dr Sujay Malhotra actually. The reason being that he is balanced, pragmatic person and doesn't lose his sanity for love. He keeps his duty over love. I wish that I could be as sane as Sujay.

I like Nikhil from because of the fact that he is sweet, genuine, caring. He is sensitive. Though he has faults, but overall his personality is endearing.

Also I somewhat like Ayesha, although I don't support what she does later on in The Backfired Plan but her boldness in handling with creepy men is something which I want

Q. Why did you decide to make your main character Anukrithi suffer from Cancer?

A. The Hardest Choice is basically trying to show the futility of love triangles. So to make the theme more serious I included the Cancer part. Fighting over love is stupid according to me.

Q. Which book have you recently read that inspired you to write your story?

A. Definitely A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks made me write this story. Also my second short story(not published on Wattpad), The rejuvenation of Soul inspired me to write a bit of it.

Q. How do you compare your book with other romantic novels out there on wattpad?

A. I don't compare my novels because every novel has a different writing style. But I do feel that my novel has not got enough attention as it should have. I feel that here, the similar kind of Arranged Marriage kind of novels attention, even though they have same plots and are somewhat predictable.

People still love the Cliché kind of novels with either Mafia or Billionaire Novels and so other good novels don't get attention here.

Q. Are you planning a sequel?