Chapter Sixteen

I woke up in a hospital bed. I tried to move but my body hurt. I looked and only the TV was on. I ain't know what time it was but it was bright. I heard the doors open and a nurse came in.

" Good morning Miss Daniels. How you feeling?" She said checking my info.

"I'm fine but why am I here?" I said still wondering what was going on.

" Well you were bruised up badly and unconscious for quite some time. Good thing your boyfriend came or you two would have been in bad condition."

I looked at her like she had two faces. I remember me and Quan fighting and that was really it. I know he didn't hurt Nyema and Carmani.

" Who is us two?" I said looking for someone else.

"You and the baby of course." she said while doing some work.

"Baby?"

I looked around again. I ain't see no one so what was she talking about?

"Honey. Your pregnant." she said smiling at me.

"Pregnant?!" I said excitedly. I know I wasnt hear things.

"Almost a month pregnant to be exact. Although you might not fully developed the baby those blows to the stomach could of harmed you both."

I sat there. I'm pregnant. Chris and I are having a baby. I started smiling which turned into tears of joy. The nurse grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Congrats. Also you can leave today you just gotta sign some papers and you be on your way." She smiled once more and left the room. The tears kept coming as I seen Chris, Mani, Nyema, Kaila, Drake, and Ty came in. Nyema was the first to come to the bed. She jumped on top and gave me a hug. Everyone else stood around me.

"Mommy why you crying?" She said wiping my tears.

I looked around at everyone who was smiling. I hope they ready for this.

"Cause mommys finna have another baby."

Everyone gasped. Mani grabbed her mouth and Emery grabbed her face.

"Baby you serious?" Chris said smiling hard.

" Yes. We having a baby."

Mani and Nyema  got all excited and Kaila was gonna cry. Chris stood there speechless.

" You know what this mean Chris. You ain't gonna get no p-" Drake jabbed Ty before he could finish the sentence making me laugh.

" When you coming home?" Kaila said.

"In an hour." I said.

"Okay everyone get out and let her get dressed." Kaila said shooing everyone out.

Everyone left except Chris. He helped me get out of bed and brought me some clothes.

"I can't believe this." Chris said helping me walk to the door.

" I know. We having a baby." I said.

"I know but last night I could of-" he stopped.

"We gotta leave soon." I finished knowing where he was getting.

As bad as things were having a baby right now wasn't the safest but I'm not losing anything dealing with Quan and his shit. I'm glad I held my own as much as I could cause if could of been worse.

I look at Chris who was quiet and noticed he was crying.

"Baby why you crying?"

"Cause we gon bring a child into this world. You just carry my seed makes me feel special inside. I love you and that baby and from now on y'all gonna be my priority cause I'll be dammed if Quan try to hurt you again."

I stopped walking and faced him. I had tears in my eyes too. He smiled and I kissed him.

"Nothing needs to happen to this family anymore. This place ain't safe for us. And I love you too."

He hugged me and we went to the desk to fill in the papers and we left. Kaila took the girls with her so it was just me and Chris the rest of the day.

"Baby I'm hungry." I said rubbing my belly.

"I gotchu baby let me get you a Lil sum sum." He went to the kitchen and I turned on the TV.

I turned on a movie and waited for my food. After he finished cooking we watched. A movie until we feel asleep. My mind wondered until I fell in a deep slumber..

I WOKE UP IN A BEAUTIFUL PARK DECORATED LIKE A WEDDING. I LOOKED AROUND AND SEEN PEOPLE ALL OVER. I LOOKED AROUND AND SOMEONE TAPPED MY SHOULDER. IT WAS MY DAD.

"Daddy!" I HUGGED HIM AND HE HUGGED ME TOO. HE FELT LIKE PILLOWS WHICH WASNT NORMAL.

"Hi princess."

"Daddy where are we?

"Paradise."

"paradise?"

"Princess there something I have to tell you."

I could feel it but I change my though. My heart began to thump heavily as a smile crept on my face

"I forgive you daddy. I love you and I'm sorry. I love you so much. If only momma-"

"We miss you too."

"We?"

A WOMAN WITH BEAUTIFUL BROWN SKIN AND LONG CURLY HAIR CAME NEXT TO MY DAD. I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHO SHE WAS.

"Mom?"

"My precious Calisé

I HUGGED HER AND SHE STARTED TO CRY. I SMILED AND SHE LOOKED DOWN.

"My baby having a baby."

"I know. I have another on-. "

"Emery, beautiful girl. And you are doing good taking care of your sister."

"Thanks mommy."

EVERYTHING STARTED TO FADE.I watched as their clothes began to fade too.

"Baby girl we have to go. We love you and miss you. Just know we'll be there no matter what. We'll meet again one day."

I....

Before I could say anything I felt my body waking up in sweat.Chris laid sound asleep in bed. I laid down happy knowing I had everything finally got some closure.

"I thank you God. For everything thing. Even the downs in my life you never gave up on me and my family. You been there through all and seen my pain. You heard my calls and you answered them. You taught me that forgiveness and faith was some of the most important things I need in life. I just wanna thank you for all you've done. Thank you."