Chapter Twenty Seven

"Momma you sure you wanna watch the kids tonight?"

"Yea baby. Im might not be feeling the best but that never stopped a "Stevens"." she said.

I handed her the baby bags and gave her a hug.

"I love you momma." I said.

"Love you too baby and tell that son of mine to be careful. You know those females get at bachelor parties." she joked.

"Trust me momma. He know better." I said.

She smiled and a I gave her a hug. I loved her so much.

"Be safe Calisé." she said.

"I will. I love you."

She waved and I headed to the car. Kaila organized a bachelorette party for me and I was ready. Kaila ,Crystal and my aunt Tanya was waiting on me. I got in and they got all excited.

"Spa time!" Crystal squealed.

"No shopping!" Argued Kaila.

"I think we should eat." added Tanya.

"Girls. We have all day. Plus its only 2 and the party ain't til 9."

They all agreed and I started the car.

"Do what we doing?" Kaila said.

I thought about it. I wasn't hungry now and i didn't feel like walking around.

"Spa it is." I said.

They smiled and I turned on some music. They began singing and I smiled.

Today was gonna be good.

Christian

"What we going youngin ?" Uncle Randy said.

"I don't we booked in a 5 star hotel so we'll find something to do." I said.

"Ohhh I cant wait til tonight. So many strippers!" Ty said dapping up Adrian.

"Man Ion care bout that. We should eat or something im hungry." Drake said.

"Right." I said.

Somebody knocked on the hotel door. I got up and peeped through the hole. I opened it and Von stood at the door.

"Wassuhh G." Von said.

We dapped up and he looked around. He put his bags up and stood in front of everybody.

"Yall niggas just sitting here not doing nothing when ya boy finna get married. We gotta show him what he finna miss while he locked up. So get ya asses up cause we finna hit every club,bar whatever. Lets go."

They shrugged they shoulders and agreed. I smile cause I knew he just brought light to this little "party." I ain't really fazed I just wanna see my baby with that ring oj her finger.

"Come on married man." Drake said.

I jogged along with them out the room and out the hotel. I hope he know what he doing cause I ain't tryna get in trouble with Cali.

CALI

"That massage gave me life." Tanya said as we walked out of the Buck Head Grand Spa.

We spent hours there and it was like heaven on earth. It was 5 now and I was hungry.

"Lets eat I want food in my stomach." Crystal said reading my mind.

We headed to Houston's and got us a bite there. We went shopping and by the time we were done it was almost about time for the party.

" Lemme call the girls and make sure they coming." Aunt Tanya said.

I nodded and they other girls go dressed. I stayed in the living room of the suite and sat on the couch. It felt good to finally sit and relax for a bit. I sat back for a while just before my phone rang. I looked  to see it was FaceTime call from the girls. I gladly answered.

"Hey mommy!" Nyema yelled through the phone.

"Hey my love, where is the babies and Mani.

"My sissy, mani and Kendy with granny up stairs. I miss you mommy."

I smiled.

"I miss you too. I might come see y'all tonight ion know how long this gon last." I said whispering the last part.she giggled and kissed the phone.

"Bye mommy I gotta go."

I blew a kiss back and she took a picture and hung up.

I genuinely loved my kids. How I would love to be with them right now.

"Girl its only been a couple hours and plus you need to get dressed for this lil party. I aint arrange it for no reason." she said taking me out my thoughts.

"Right." I said getting up and heading to the room. It was around 7:30 so I freshened up a bit and put on my dress. Once I was done some old friends of mine came and it was at least 30 of us by 9.

" Bride to be!" My old middle school friend Maria said hugging me.

" Yes. Finally somebody cuffed you." her sister Lina said.

I playfully rolled my eyes and headed to the drinks. I smiled looking at the pile of presents surrounding a cake. I got a drink and headed back in the room. Women older than me came but I wasn't bothered. They talked, danced and had fun. I went to the balcony and look out to the view. I felt a twist in my stomach as I thought of Chris. I smiled picturing myself in that gown. I looked up to the sky knowing my parents were looking down at me proud as can be. My eyes began to weld up and a tear fell. I quickly wiped it when I heard someone come outside.

" Cali?"

I turned to see Momma Stevens smiling at me. I hugged her and she smiled.

"Where are the girls?"

"They're with Crystal in the car. She's great with children and never had any." She teased.

All I could do was smile. I loved being around her, I saw my mother in her and it gave me a fair happiness.

" You really are a gem." she said.

" Thank you momma youre beautiful too." I said.

"Child Im 58 years old and still looking good. I know this." she stated.

I laughed and she smiled. I felt a little nervous but she grabbed my hands releasing that nervousness.

"Cali I feel like your an angel sent from above. I feel I won't be here long and I need you to watch my babies for me. I've only knew you for a some time but my connection with you is stronger than anything. I just wanna say that I love you with all of my heart and I hope that you and my son continue something great." she said.

She had tears in her eyes and I wiped them. She smiled once more and gave me hugged. I bout teared up again but her presence helped me stand clear.

"Im leaving now but I got you a present. Have fun baby cakes." she said before leaving the balcony.

I followed behind her and was stopped by a few women. We talked and joked around for awhile. I opened my presents and things and my phone began vibrating.

It was a message.

Unknown: you look beautiful

I immediately locked my phone thinking none of it. Instead I drank more and had much fun.

It was definitely a need.