Chapter Nineteen

" Be sure to visit babies." Momma said giving all of us a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"If you ever need a baby sitter I wouldn't mind. The girls and I had fun tonight." Crystal said giving us a hug.

"Well can we stay again, please." they said in unison.

Carlotta started laughing and nodded her head yes. Chris sighed in relief. They weren't all bad but I do need a break from the kids.

"Can we Chris?" Mani said begging.

"Yea daddy can we?" Ema said.

He smiled and nodded yes.

"Yay!" Mani and Nyema ran back in the back to play. Crystal ran back with them.

" Come back in a day or so. I'll get tired of them by then." She said looking back to the house.

We said our goodbyes and headed to the car and got in. Chris started the car and we drove home.

•••

"Mmmmm Chris right there."

He rubbed his hands on my feet. His foot massage was giving me life and I needed that.

"You better stop all that moaning for I give you a reason to." He said bending my toes cause me to kick him.

"That hurt." I said.

"You hurting me." he said rubbing his pants.

I laughed and sat up on his lap. He started smiling and felt something rubbing against my shorts.

"You wasn't playing." I said laughing.

"You gon let have some?" He said rubbing my cat.

I bit my lip. He was turning me on but I wasn't gonna fall through. I got off of him and walked into the kitchen. I went to get me a honey bun and I dropped it. I went to pick it up and felt him behind me.

"Chris if you dont move." I said grabbing my honey bun.

He smacked his teeth and his phone rang. I listened to his conversation and it sounded important.

"Cali there been a problem at the Cove I gotta go."

"I wanna go too." I said putting on my shoes.

"No. Quan still be lurking around there and I can't have you hurt." He said getting his keys.

"You think it's safe to leave me alone?"I said pouting.

"Cali quit playing. This is serious." He said giving me a kiss. I stopped him and crossed my arms.

" I'm serious too."

He looked at me then smacked his teeth.

"Come on man." he said.

I smiled and headed to the door. Chris huffed and got in the car. I got in the passenger seat while he started the car.

"Are you mad?"

"Nahh." he said irritated.

I smacked my teeth. "You ain't have to say it like that."

He ignored me and started driving. He really gon act like that. I don't even care. He ain't getting the none. How bout that?

••

"Where he at?" Chris asked brushing pass everyone.

"He in here. Ole nigga been on that 69 shit." Adrian said taking me and Chris into the basement.

It was kinda dark but I did see someone tied up in a chair. He was all bruised up and cut open. I almost threw up but I held it in.

"So you think it's okay to disrespect me by taking money out my pocket? Bitch ass nigga." Ty said punching him in the face with brass knuckles.

"That's enough." Chris said.

Ty moved out the way and Chris stood in front of the man.

"I ain't telling you nothing. Id rather die." he said.

Chris looked around and told Adrian to come to him. He whispered something in his ear then Adrian came to me and patted my shoulder.

" Come on Cali." he said taking me up stairs. I looked back and Ty handed Chris a gun. I turned back around cause I knew what was gonna happen when I finally got back upstairs I heard three gun shots. Adrian let me go back down stairs. A couple dudes was lounging around so I went to the car. About twenty minutes later Chris came out. He got in the car and we left.

As he drove so many thoughts lingered in my mind. There was something heavy on my chest and I had to let it out.

"Why did you have to kill that man?"

"It's business Cali you know this."  he said keeping his eyes on the road.

"Is everything about business? What if that man had a family?  What if he was just like you and you killed him because he wouldn't tell you where Quan was. Business is all you care about right? What if that was you?!"

He stopped the car making it jerk back. I fell forward and the seat belt pulled at my chest.

"Dammit Chris!" I yelled.

He turned facing me. His eyes was no longer angry. They were something I've never seen.

"Cali I done told you that business is business and you need to stay the fuck out of it! If you really wanna know why I do business is to protect yo ass but you to worried about everyone else! The only things in life that matter is God and my family. I know god might not like it but I need to protect you, them and us. I love you and you mean alot Just let it be how it is."

He touched my belly and his eyes went back normal. I felt his hand rise to my face. I leaned in to give him a kiss and someone outside was watching us.

"Get a room!"

We laughed and I gave him the finger. Chris smiled and headed back home. I swear I love him just as much as he loves me but he needs to stop this type of life.

I can't stand to lose him.