chapter 8

Y/n's P.O.V

I was shaking, something's wrong with me. why is this happening?

I felt eyes on me, make it stop, please. I looked up quickly and saw the gang looking at me. what do they want?

I saw hiccup walk towards me, he knelt in front of me and held my face in his hands, he looked me in the eye. I moved my head away. I don't want sympathy, this is too much for me, I don't need this. I moved away.

He looked at me with a look of disapproval and disappointment, did I do something wrong?

He stared at the ground, the spot that I was previously sitting in, he looked depressed, his expression soon changed to anger.

He stood up, got out his sword and walked towards Dagar.

Hiccup's P.O.V

I was fighting Dagar, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, it was Astrid, she pointed to y/n, who was sitting against a tree, shaking.

She quickly looked up at us, then looked down staring at her feet.

I walked towards her. I slowly knelt down in front of her. I reached my hand out and held her face in my hand, it was quite rough from all the cuts and dirt.

Her eyes stared into mine. She looked scared. She shook my hand away and moved away from me. I looked at her, what is wrong with her? Why would she do that?

I stared at the ground. Am I not good enough for her....am I embarrassing.....maybe she's just confused... hopefully..

This is all Dagar's fault, if it weren't for him, my girlfriend would be sane and not have mood swings...I said that if he did anything to her, I would kill him......what he did is the worst thing I could think of, he made her go crazy....he will regret that..

I slowly stood up and breathed in. I took out my sword and walked towards Dagar. He looked at me and laughed.

"Oops...did I ruin your relationship...I'm sorry I didn't mean to.." he laughed. I flicked the switch on my sword on and monstrous nightmare flames burst onto the sword.

"You will regret everything you have done" I said. He looked at me shocked at my sudden change of tone.

I smashed my sword at him, hitting his sword. The same thing happened over and over again.

Then I thought...dragons....fire..
I whistled and heard some branches snapping.

"Firestrike!!" I shouted. A few seconds firestrike flew out of the forest, he looked at me then he looked at Dagar and his pupils became thin slits and he had his mouth hanging open.

"Firestrike..... attack!" I commanded. Firestrike jumped onto Dagar, knocking him onto the ground, Dagar was battling the dragon. Firestrike was having a bit of trouble, then I remembered. I looked around.

"Toothless.....attack!!" I said motioning towards Dagar, toothless growled and helped firestrike. I saw Dagar getting weaker and weaker.

"Firestrike, toothless....let him go" I said. They looked at me and stepped away from Dagar's body. he layed on the ground, too weak to pick himself up.

"Gang.we're going back to Berk...come on!" I said climbing onto toothless. The gang got on their dragons and blasted into the sky. I saw y/n looking around.

"Firestrike, go to y/n. Go back to Berk" I said. the dragon made a gurgling noise before walking towards y/n, who climbed onto his back and shot into the air.

I took flight and toothless caught Dagar into his claws. We flew above the sea and toothless kept dunking Dagar into the sea, making him breathe in water and choke on it.

.....

We arrived back in Berk and Dagar was locked in a prison cell.

"What should we do with him?" I asked.

"Do what your heart tells you to do, your chief remember. You choose" Astrid said , putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded.

"I say we kill him. He caused 'nuff trouble for us...don't want any more do weh?" Gobber said. I thought for a  moment.

"Okay...lets do that....Dagar will be executed" I said.

"Are you sure about this?" Astrid asked.

"More than sure" I said.

"Chief, do you want me to do the handy work?" Gobber asked.

"Yes...you can" I said.

Some guards came out with Dagar wobbling. He was still in a weak state.

The whole village knew what was going to happen. Everyone crowded around the centre where the execution will take place.

Dagar was thrown onto the ground and his head was put on a wooden block. Gobber said his words to Dagar, saying how he ruined lives and caused trouble towards everyone and the consequences he must face.

Dagar's face went pale. Gobber soon replaced the hook on the hand with an axe. He got a metal rod and started to sharpen the axe. Dagar watched gobber sharpen the axe intently. The crowds of Vikings cheering for Dagar's death ringing through my ears. Dagar looked at me.

"Come on Hiccup, you can't do this to your friend....don't you remember our fun times? Do they not mean anything to you?" He pleaded.

"Not at all.....you ruined everything. You ruined my relationship and my family, you have done many bad things and you must pay the price" I said. his face went pale again.

"Please hiccup, save me....I'm sorry" he pleaded.

"Should've thought of that before your actions" I said.

Gobber walked up to Dagar. He raised the axe. Dagar was sweating and swallowed hard. he looked at me one last time.

"You will regret this" he said before Gobber's axe smashed through his neck. Gobber put a sack over his head and through it into a fire pit. He whistled and his dragon picked up the rest of his body and dropped him into the sea, where his body sank.

You will regret this.....those where the last words he said..... what do they mean?