Chapter 10

Hiccup's P.O.V

"She's gone" Fishlegs said to me. I looked up from my feet.

"What?"

"Y/n. She's gone" he said.

"Gone where?" I asked.

"If only I knew" he sighed, sitting down next to me.

"I'm sorry"

"..it's fine. It's just hard to get over the fact that she doesn't know who I am. It breaks me" I said.

"Don't worry Hiccup, we can get through this. We'll find her" Fishlegs comforted.

"How do you know? She could have gone anywhere. It's nearly impossible to find her" I said.

"You found your mother. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find y/n" he said.

"Technically she's the one that found me" I protested.

"Oh whatever, one day... We'll find her... I mark my word" he said

"Yeah, one day" I sighed.

Y/n's P.O.V

We landed on an island. It was dark and gloomy. Black fumes filled the air. Dragon screeches filling the air. Dark mountains caved over the island. What is this place...

Home

This is where you belong. Away from any other human civilisation. Humans made you what you are. That needs to be changed. We start now.

I don't understand...

Go to the top of the tallest mountain, you shall find your answer.

I climbed onto firestrike and we flew towards the mountains that became bigger the closer we got. We flew onto the tallest peak of the tallest mountain. I climbed off firestrike.

Firestrike and I shared a look. We walked around the top. The black fumes drying up my throat. I need water. I saw a cup in the distance. I ran over to it and knelt down next to it.

Drink... And you shall receive your meaning and why you are here.

Without thinking I downed the whole drink in one. I stood up and a sharp pain ran through my leg. I walked over to firestrike.

Before I knew it, I hit the floor. The pain spread to my thigh, the towards my hip, it made its way down my other leg. Pain carried on up my chest to my neck. My head was the worst. It felt as if someone put nails onto my head, it was agonising.

Just ignore it. Ignore the pain. Pain is not real, pain is a character, a fictional person. Pain wants to make us suffer, to make us look and realise who we are. We can either give it attention and we become attached or we ignore it and they stay away. Pain is a person, someone you really hate, you can talk to pain and they will decide whether you're worth it or not. If they want to leave you alone or make you suffer.

My body started to tremble, which soon came into a full on shake. I was shaking violently, hitting myself to stop. Has pain taken over me? Is pain finally gettting their chance to work its magic? I've tried for so many years to block pain out. So many attempts. I had succeeded. Hence the word 'had'. I finally gave up. I let pain take me, I let pain spread. I let pain win.