chapter 11

Y/n's POV

~2 years later~

Dragons. They're the only thing that matter to me. Nothing else, they could go rot away for all I care. Dragons are family.

I will make sure that all dragons are safe and not treated badly by humans. Such vile creatures. Can't stand those things.

I have claimed this island. I do not know where it is or what it is called, but it is mine and shall be mine from now on.

The same with dragons. I am now in charge of them, I protect them and they look up to me like they should do.

If any human steps foot on this island and shows threat towards me or my dragons I will kill them.

Dragons have been killed over these years, a large number of them. I'm gonna do whatever is in my power to stop the number rising.

I was sitting down on the top of the mountain overlooking the horizon. The black smoke filling the air. The sky was black, the clouds were grey and the sea was a dark blue almost black from all the fumes. It was beautiful. Death. Just the sight of it made my heart feel warm. I love it.

I looked at the sea and saw something. Something brown. I watched as it came closer. It was a ship. Oh hell no.

I jumped onto firestrike and flew out of land with the other dragons following.

I don't remember many things from my past, well nothing at all. Apart from my dragon firestrike and my mother, I have a necklace around my neck that she gave me.
I believe it means keep fighting (a/n: let's pretend that's what it means because i don't know what it means). I don't know what happened to her, she might have run away, killed. I don't know if I had a family alongside her. A father? He might have been killed in action or ran away from home. And siblings? They might have been killed or I never had any.

We flew onto the boat and I saw a guy wearing messed up clothes and a cloth around his head. He had a black beard and mustache that was turning grey. He saw the dragons and from his expression he couldn't tell whether to be happy or scared. We landed​ on the boat and I fished out my axe ready to swing it. I looked at him.

"Err...Hello? C-an you p-please put the axe....down" he asked in a nervous tone. I glared at him.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my territory?" I hissed. He looked startled.

"Oh! I am terribly sorry, i-i had no idea" he stumbled.

"Well maybe you should know next time" I said crackling my neck and swinging my axe in my hands.

"I-im no threat. I promise. I'm just a trader. I go by the name Trader Johann. I mean no harm" he said surrendering.

"How am I sure about that" I said peering down at him. He was on his knees looking at me with pleading eyes. He emptied his pockets.

"Look. Here. All my weapons, take them. Just don't hurt me" he said. I picked up the weapons and put them in firestrike's pouches in his saddle.

"Are you a dragon rider?" He asked carefully. I looked back at him. Axe still in hand and walked back over to him.

"Why'd you ask" I asked.

"I-i'm just wondering. The only other place I've seen people, especially your age riding dragons was on the island berk" he said. He looked at me. I started to walk away.

"Are you from there? Berk. Are you lost, I know the way, I could give you directions" he said carefully standing up. I span around and launched at him.