Chapter 21

Hiccup's POV

As the ghoul lifted their arm to bring down the sword, a massive lightning bolt hit the spirit, making it fly a couple yards away. I looked up before me, breathless and barely taking in what is happening.

The group and I crowd together, watching as a dark and gloomy cloud hover above us. Separate lightning bolts crackle about the island, targeting dragons under the ghoul's control. The dark spirit shakily gets up again, looking up at the dark cloud.

"No. No. No! You cannot ruin this! I almost have it!" The ghoul growled, before shooting swords and spears into the sky, towards the cloud.

"Is it me or does that ghoul look really stupid?" Snotlout asked.

"Hey, look!" Astrid exclaimed pointing at the cloud.

The dark cloud started to glow brighter and brighter, turning an electric colour. I'm starting to think that this lightning is not normal.

"Oh my Thor! The cloud is glowing!" Fishlegs shouted, voice full of excitement.

As if on queue, a strong and powerful lightning bolt traveled from the cloud and hit the ghoul, sending her flying even further than last time. The ghoul knelt on its knees catching its breath.

The island held its breath as a swarm of lightning dived towards the island. I looked to the side of me and saw Astrid grip onto Snotlout in slight fear.

The lightning dispersed and a figure crashed onto the ground. The figure was sparking with small lightning crackles. Fishlegs and I shared a confused look. Everyone stayed silent until the figure looked ahead. A familiar face glowing blue with energy. Can it be? Is this really real?

"Is that....?" Fishlegs started, also trying to work out what is happening.

The figure stands up straight, and looks about their surroundings. Their skin slowly turned from the electric blue colour back to their natural skin colour. The same hair colour gushed messily in the wind, but to me it looked perfect. Their eyes glowed brightly as she stared down the ghoul who was regaining its strength. 

I watched her every move, to clarify if it was who I thought it was. I followed her gaze as she fixated on a dragon stuck in bolas. My question seemed to be confirmed as a bow and arrow was ripped out. Stretching back the arrow on the wire, she released the arrow hitting the lock that released the dragon. 

I don't know anyone else who has a better skill with a bow and arrow than her. I looked closely and saw the same pattern engraved into the bow, it was her. I choked out a smile. 

"It's her" I choked out, proceeding to stand up. Fishlegs grabbed onto me.

"Hiccup, no. You need rest. Also look at her, it's dangerous" Fishlegs said, helping me lower back into my huddled position.  

I watched as the ghoul stood and walked up to Y/n. I watched as her electric eyes turned back to the familiar set of eyes that I can't help but get lost in. My cheeks started to ache from my smiles, but I couldn't help it. I was in love.

Y/n's POV

I watched as the dark spirit walked up to me, eyes hungry for death. I smirked slightly. As it neared me I balled my fists.

"You made quite the entrance" The ghoul stated looking around at the people who stared at me.

"Yeah, I wanted to make an impact" I smiled at her. The ghoul fumed at me.

"You might as well make a big exit, to balance things out" The ghoul stated. I smiled sweetly at her.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen" I said bluntly. The ghoul fumed.