chapter 12

Hiccup's POV

"You guys ready?" Astrid asked the team as we all mounted our dragons.

"Yeah!!" Ruff shouted.

"I'm even more ready!!" Tuff said

"No, I'm more ready!!" ruff argued. The twins started to argue about who was more ready. I decided to block out their idiocy. 

"Hey Hiccup, you ready?" Astrid asked me.

"Not completely, but we have to do this" I sighed. She smiled at me sympathetically. 

All of the dragons flew into the air and we tried to locate y/n and Firestrike. We followed Johann's directions. We had been flying for a few hours, the mountains started to look darker and less in tact. The sea looked darker and the clouds in the sky were almost black. Steam and smoke was flying through the air. Wherever we were looked abandoned and dangerous.

"Where are we?" Fishlegs asked in a shaky voice.

"I don't know, but I don't like it" Astrid answered him in a careful tone.

"This place is giving me the creeps" Snotlout said looking around.

We flew over a dark patch of clouds and an island appeared. It was far away from any island. It was dark, smoky and the mountains spiked into the sky. This place looked dangerous. Our encounter must have awakened something because a flock of dragons started to fly our way.

"Everyone get down!" I said remembering that time Astrid and I discovered the dragon's den years ago and we were surrounded by dragons. The group and I ducked on our dragons so that the dragons flying out wouldn't see us and possibly kill us.

The dragons flew towards us and started to attack our dragons. One of the dragons picked up the twins violently and brought them back to the island. Barf and Belch growled at the dragon and then a dragon sneaked up at them and attacked them. It grabbed Barf's neck with it's claws and it's grip started to get tighter.

"C'mon toothless" I said. Toothless made a noise before speeding towards the dragon and shooting at it, making the dragon fly away. Barf looked tired out. 

"Someone needs to take control of Barf and Belch, they are starting to tire out" Astrid said. I looked at the Zippleback and the wings of the dragon started to get slower.

"I'll do it" I heard Snotlout say as he jumped onto the dragon. Shocked was an understatement of how I felt when he said that. 

"They're getting really tired, they can't fly very fast. What should I do?" Snotlout asked in a panicked manor.

"Take them back to Berk. Barf might need some rest" Fishlegs said. Snotlout nodded and flew in the opposite direction. 

The dragons didn't stop attacking us. Before we knew it, our dragons had run out of shots. That was when Fishlegs started to freak out. We need to get onto the island, but we can't when these dragons are attacking us. Without warning fishlegs was knocked off meatlug and he started to fall towards the sea.

"Fishlegs!!" I shouted for him. Meatlug tried to go after him, but she kept getting blocked by a monstrous nightmare. She growled out for fishlegs. Astrid and I looked at each other worriedly. I looked down and saw a dragon grab fishlegs by the ankle and he was pulled towards the island. His head was being thrown into the sea every few seconds. 

"We need to help them" Astrid said and she was about to go towards the island when I stopped her. She looked at me like I was crazy.

"We can't. Stormfly and Toothless are both incredibly tired and worn out. They won't be able to handle it, I'm not even sure if we'd make it onto the island before they both pass out. We need to wait for another time" I said. She looked angry.

"For Thor's sake Hiccup! You are chief! These people are your people, your friends! And what are you gonna do? Let them get blown to bits by these crazy dragons? If I were chief I would go straight in, and i'm pretty sure your father would too!" she snapped.

"But I'm not my father" I said looking at her "Going into attack is what the dragons are expecting. We can't make a big entrance because they will see us coming, we need to silently attack. At a time that they will never see us coming" I said. 

"Fine. But when is that?" she asked.

"At night" I said. 

***

"Astrid get ready" I said. It was now pitch black and it was the perfect time to attack.

"Okay, let's go" she said. We both flew into the sky and into the dark clouds.

"So what's the plan, Chief?" she asked.

"Follow my lead" I said. Toothless quickly dived towards the island with Stormfly trailing behind. There were no signs of dragons chasing after us. We both landed on the edge of the island in the burnt down forest. I looked at toothless who looked at me with a worried expression painted on his face.

"Hey bud, If any dragons start to get to you, get us" I said with a stern expression. He looked at me before nodding.

"What do you mean 'get us'? we have to get our friends back" she said in a hushed whisper.

"if y/n is even on this island she would know there are intruders when the dragons start making noise. We might come face to face with her. Johann said something like she thinks she is leader of all dragons. It is clear that y/n has gone crazy. We can't risk fighting her because then all of the lives in Berk are in danger and it could possibly lead to war" I said.

"Fine" she huffed, upset that she can't fight.

We crept through the island trying to find the twins and fishlegs. We silently crept past sleeping dragons, causing some to stir. We walked through the island even more. We saw a cage with the sound of whimpering coming from it. 

"Is that Fishlegs?" Astrid asked. I quickly silenced her. I looked to the left and saw a dragon start to stir. We held our breaths, trying not to make any noise. We silently breathed again when it went back into its slumber.

We silently ran towards the cage. Where we found a whimpering Fishlegs. He was still wet from being dumped into the sea. That was when I noticed something, there were burns on his right upper arm. Astrid noticed it too, we both shared a look. He looked broken.

"Fishlegs" U whispered. He quickly looked up. His eyes instantly lit up and he looked more than glad to see us.

"Hiccup, Astrid. Please, you need to get me out of here" he said silently.

"What happened to your arm" Astrid asked.

"Hiccup, she-she's gone crazy. I think it's nearly impossible to get her back" Fishlegs said.

"What? what are you talking about?" I asked. He looked into my eyes. His eyes looked broken and gloomy. What happened here?

"It's Y/n. Dagar did something really bad to her. She- she could kill everyone if she wanted to. She has something that I've never seen before" he said trying to steady his breathing. Astrid and I looked at each other confused. Both thinking what it could be.

"What is it?" Astrid asked.

"She's-She-s---" Fishlegs started but then let out a gasp of fear. He looked at something behind us, fear plastered on his face. Astrid and I slowly turned around to look at what was behind us. We looked into the blue eyes. It was Firestrike. His pupils were thin. He was growling at us, just like how Toothless did before my father died.

What has Dagar done to y/n?