Chapter 19

Hiccup's POV

I watched from afar as armies prepared for the coming conflict. Children were rushed to the opposite side of the island where they would be safe from any harm. I looked to my side and saw Toothless looking up at me with a confused look. I turned and held his head in my hands.

"Listen bud, there is going to be a fight soon. It will most likely be one of the hardest fights we will have to go through. We will have to put a stop to Y/n. I will not be able to bring myself to do it, but there are certain things a Chief has to do" I said. Toothless blinked at me.

"I might need your help with this. If things don't go to plan, you know what to do" I said. He gurgled. 

"Are you ready?" A voice called out. I turned around and saw Astrid.

"I guess I have to be" I sighed, dropping down onto the ground, looking over the island. Astrid sat next to me.

"I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. But I can imagine it is very hard for you. But don't worry, we will be here for you. We will help you" She comforted.

"What if she's too powerful? what if we can't stop her?" I panicked. Astrid sighed.

"Hiccup. We can do this. We have dragons" She said.

"So does she. You saw how powerful she is. She can probably control them. What do we do if she succeeds in her mission?" I replied.

"Well.... we know we tried. There isn't much we can do after that" She sighed in defeat.

"But that is the thing. My father lasted for years a chief, he fought many armies. No threat touched Berk in his reign. But me, three years into my reign and Berk is going to crumble in my hands" I complained.

"But Hiccup. You're not you father. He faced different threats to you. The world is larger now, there is only so much you can do. If things don't go down well, I know for a fact that you will go down in history. You will be remembered as a legend. Parents would tell their children about you. But all you need is faith, in not only yourself but your civilisation. If you have faith you may live to see these things come true" Astrid comforted. I let out a heavy breath.

"Since when are you good at giving people hope?" I asked, an invisible smile on my lips. 

"You just had to ruin it didn't you?" She rolled her eyes.

I looked out to the distance. I frowned what is that? I know for sure that isn't a cloud. I got up quickly, Astrid looked up at me in confusion.

"What are you doing?" She asked. 

"She's coming" I answered, pointing towards the horizon. Her eyes widened. 

"What is that?" She asked.

"It seems to be some dark spirit, or ghoul. I feel that Y/n's crazy manner may have engulfed her and she has become that" I guessed. 

"Oh that's just great" She said, jumping onto Stormfly.

We flew towards the dragon academy. I looked downwards and saw people rushing around, collecting food and clothes before rushing towards the hall for shelter. Berk's greatest warriors lined up, weapons in hand. This is war. We landed in the ring, startling the rest of the group. 

"It is time" I said. The group obeyed and got onto their dragons. We all flew out of the ring and hovered over the village, alongside other dragons. We watched as the ghoul came closer to the island. 

My eyes suddenly fixated on the surroundings of the ghoul. Dragons. Oh Thor. The dragons flew closer, ahead of the ghoul towards the island letting out war cries.