chapter 13

Hiccup's POV

"Hiccup can you tame him?" Astrid asked in a worried tone.

"Uhh....I'll try" I said unsure. I reached out my hand for his nose just like I did with toothless. Firestrike growled and he didn't stop. I need to try this. I could use Firestrike against y/n and it could make her sane again. 

"Hiccup! Watch out!" Astrid shouted and pushed me away from Firestrike who fired at a tree that I was standing in front of.

"Okay, I can't tame him" I breathed. I noticed some dragons started to wake up.

"Astrid.." I said.

"What?" she said. I motioned to some of the dragons that were waking up behind me. She turned around and looked at them before turning back.

"Oh for Thor's sake!" She grumbled and got out her axe. A gronkle flew towards her and she hit it in the face with the side of her axe. I got out my sword and changed it to monstrous nightmare fire. The dragons didn't seem to be moved by it. I was confused, it normally works, so why not now?

"Uh Hiccup? A little help here" Astrid said. I nodded and released the zippleback gas and lit it up. Astrid and I took cover before it lit up in flames. That didn't work. Astrid groaned again and hit another dragon with her axe. I quickly looked at Fishlegs in the cage who started to cower away from something. He said that y/n has something that he has never seen before. What could that be?  

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't attack my dragons" a voice growled. The dragons stopped attacking and made space. Astrid and I looked at each other with a confused face, both knowing who just spoke. We both looked at Fishlegs who cowered in the corner of the cage, silently whimpering.

She slowly stepped into the moonlight and looked at us with pure hatred in her eyes. She looked different. Her clothes were replaced with armor. She wore a sword sheath on her back with two swords held in them and she had her axe held onto her belt. To say she looked threatening was an understatement. Astrid and I looked slightly nervous as to what she can do. She looked at all of the dragons and they flew to another part of the island in unison. Astrid and I looked at them go in amazement. She can really control dragons.

"What do you want?" she threatened. Her now electric blue eyes piercing into us. Astrid looked scared for the first time in ages.

"We just want to take our friends back" I said bravely. She smirked.

"I can tell, but what were you doing here prior to them being captured" she said.

"Y/n, we came to take you home. Believe it or not, Dagar did something to you, which made you like this" Astrid said. She looked at Astrid.

"Who is y/n?" she said with confusion in her voice.

"You. You are called y/n. You live on the island of Berk" I said. Her electric eyes soon filled with anger.

"No I don't" she scowled.

"Look, you might not remember all of this, but Hiccup and I can help you" Astrid said. I looked at Y/n, her breathing started to get heavier and her fist balled into fists. I gave Astrid a 'be careful' look.

"If you just free our friends--" Astrid started, but soon got cut off.

"NO. They decided to come here, so they shall stay here" she said venom dripping off of the words she spoke. Her eyes started glowing. 

"Very well. C'mon Hiccup, let's go" Astrid said winking.

"Astrid, do not fight her, it is not a good idea" I said in a hushed tone. 

"we're vikings, nothing we do is a good idea" Astrid said before turning around and charging towards y/n. 

Y/n noticed and looked at Astrid blankly. Astrid held her axe above her head and screamed out a battle cry as she ran. Y/n's glowing electric eyes filled with mischief as she neared her. I prepared myself for the worst. Just as Astrid was a few inches away from y/n, she suddenly sent out a beam of electricity, or more like lightning at Astrid sending her back. Astrid landed on her back groaning. 

I needed to do something. I'm chief, I can't just stand and watch things happen. I got out my sword and made my way towards her. She looked at me and smiled evilly. I held up my sword and got ready as soon as the lightning left her hands, I switched the monstrous nightmare setting on and blocked the lighting from hitting me. I guess I could have been smarter because she suddenly hit lightning at my peddle leg, which sent me back. An electric shock was sent throughout my whole body.

Suddenly Stormfly and Toothless flew over us and landed in front of Y/n. Astrid and I again, looked at each other worried that y/n might be able to control our dragons and use them against us.

"Toothless, block her out bud" I said as he landed. He chirped at me as an answer.

Toothless and stormfly readied themselves and shot at her. She blocked the fire with a mettle cuff that was on her arm. Firestrike flew in front of her and shot at them both distracting them as she climbed onto his back and flew off.

There goes for bringing y/n back.

***

We were in Berk and I was fixing my peddle leg. Y/n's lightning molded some parts of the metal out of shape. As soon as I was finished I screwed it back on and walked out of my hut. Astrid walked up to me with the group trailing behind. After y/n flew off we freed fishlegs and the twins. The twins were slightly scared of y/n but not completely because they are slightly painless from always hitting each other. Fishlegs on the other hand has been resting ever since we got back. He has had quite the traumatic experience, in fishlegs standards anyway.

The group were trying to come up with ways to get y/n back to Berk. We were currently sitting in the hall, eating breakfast. Everyone was coming up with ideas such as kidnapping her, setting the island on fire. All the ideas they were suggesting wouldn't work, y/n is too dangerous and the group wouldn't make it out alive if we tried them. I hadn't suggested any ideas, which the group is finding peculiar since i am always suggesting them and especially since it's y/n we're talking about.

"Hey Hiccup, you're being weirdly quiet today, do you have any suggestions as to what we do about y/n?" Snotlout asked. I sighed. I couldn't think of anything.

"Yeah" I said. The team looked at me.

"What is it?" Astrid asked.

"We leave her" I said. The team was taken back by what I  said because 1. I barely give up on anything and 2, y/n was my lover, or ex-lover I guess you could say.

"What?" The twins said in unison.

"You guys know. Y/n is way too dangerous. Even if we do bring her back she could bring so much harm to everyone who lives here. She might turn dragons against everyone. We can't risk it" I said.

"So what are we gonna do?" Snotlout asked. Everyone looked at me, I sighed.

"We have to let her go".