Chapter 14

Snotlout's POV

I looked at Hiccup, who was by now looking down at his hands. I frowned. He can't be giving up on Y/n this easily, can he?

Was she really that bad that she caused him out of all people to give up?

I am usually not a sympathetic person, but seeing Hiccup in this state made me feel bad for him. He needs to be cheered up, because I know that he will only get worse. 

"It's been a long day. I'm going to get rest" Hiccup spoke up before walking out of the hall. Everyone watched him walk out. I looked at Astrid who had a concerned look on her face. The twins looked ahead, confused. 

"We need to do something about him. He can't stay like that" I suggested. Tuff looked at me, face full of shock, with his eyebrow perked up.

"Did you just suggest doing something that benefited someone who is not you?" Tuff asked, voice sarcastic yet full of shock. I rolled my eyes. 

"But look of him. That is the lowest I've ever seen him. If he is like that there is no way he'll be able to lead an island" I stated. 

"Why do you even care. I thought you were meant to be the self absorbed one?" Ruff asked. 

"Well, I've done some thinking and seeing him in that state made me regret how I treated him years back. I'm realising that if he isn't helped then we are doomed. Berk may fall without him. So I think it's best if we help him" I explained. The twins looked shocked, Astrid gave an understanding look. 

"I do agree. Hiccup cannot lead us if he is in that emotional state, he is simply vulnerable. We need to act" Astrid said. I looked to her, smiling at her for the first time ever agreeing with me.

"So you're saying that we have to do something?" Ruff groaned. 

"Yes. He is our friend, it's the least we could do" Astrid reasoned. The twins groaned. 

"Well, we are going to sleep. You guys think of.. something" Tuff said, waving his arms about. The twins walked out of the hall, groaning. 

"What do you think we should do?" Astrid asked. I shrugged.

"What will make him feel better?" I asked. Astrid thought for a while.

"At this point, the only thing to help Hiccup is Y/n, which is off limits" Astrid explained.

"How bad was she?" I asked.

"Pretty bad. Fishlegs is still recovering" She answered. That's pretty bad, but it is Fishlegs in the end. An idea came to mind.

"Let's think of something in the morning" I suggested. Astrid nodded.

We walked out of the hall. I walked with Astrid to her house. We said 'goodnight' before she walked into the house. I looked over at Hiccup's house and saw Toothless sleeping on the roof. I let out a sigh before walking towards my house and stepped through the door. I sat on my bed, thinking over my plan. It is stupid. I'm going to get killed, but I need to do something.

I got up and grabbed my axe. I walked towards the barn and saw a sleeping Hookfang. I let out a nervous sigh. I can't believe I'm doing this. Hookfang woke up and looked at me with an annoyed look.

"Sorry, I just need to fix something" I said. Hookfang let out a frustrated huff before walking up to me. 

We walked out of the barn and looked out at the silent sky. Not a dragon was moving. The night sky gloomed over Berk. I climbed onto the saddle on Hookfang. 

"Oh god. I can't believe I'm doing this" I muttered before shooting off into the sky.

Hookfang dipped through the dark blue clouds. We flew towards the sea, even the sea was calm. I looked at the moon's reflection on the water. Such a peaceful night for such a bad idea.