Pewter City

When we finished up, we continued on our way. It seemed like a long time, but, just like Summer said, before evening we made it to Pewter City.
From a distance we saw the glowing city lights.

"Man finally, we made it," I said relieved.

"Yup just ahead. We should stop at the Pokémon Center first thing," Summer said.

"Yeah," I nodded.

Heading there we came across a strange man, he asked us if we wanted to buy rocks. We said no in the nicest way we could, no offense to the him but, who would buy rocks?

* * *
"Thank you, your pokemon will be well taken care of," Nurse Joy said, taking Vulpix and the others.

I have no reason to worry, but I always get anxious whenever Vulpix is not with me, I'm not sure why.

Summer also gave her pokmeon to get healed up.

"So what do you want to do," she asked.

"Well, why not look around, this is a new place," I began to say, but then my stomach decided to talk also. I laughed nervously, rubbing the back of my head, "and maybe find a place to eat dinner to."

Summer chuckled too. "Alright let's go then."

There were some nice stores to look around in, mostly we just windowed shopped. I at least can't get too irresponsible with money. Summer got some potions and stuff for the pokemon though and I pitched in. Finally we stopped at a diner to eat, it looked friendly enough.

My stomach felt better eating a chicken sandwich with some fries, Summer was enjoying her bowl of Teriyaki.

"Do you think our pokemon are all healed up already," I asked her.

She was chewing so it was a moment before she answered, "Yeah they should be in a bit, we'll go back after we finish eating,"

"Ah ok then,"

"By the way, how old are?" I asked, I've been wondering.

"I'm 15," she said.

"Oh wow really." I said a bit surprised.

"Yup," Summer said munching.

"So does that mean you've been a pokémon trainer for five years?"

"Not exactly," she said, then stood up, "I'm going to the restroom, I'll be back."

"oh ok then," I said.

I nibbled on a fry, tilting it up and down with my mouth.

Suddenly two guys walked in and sat at the table in front ours.

"Aghhh, I can't believe I lost so bad," said a guy with brown hair and glasses, in shame.

"Dude, you got slaughtered," his friend with gray hair and a dark blue jacket said, laughing.

"Not funny, Mike," the guy snapped back.

"Alright sorry Ned, I can see you're pretty upset about this," Mike said, more considerate now.

"Well yeah, how am I suppose join the Pokémon League, if I can't even get my first badge." Ned said.

"Don't sweat it man, just keep trying, that's what I would do," Mike tried comforting him with words.

I didn't listen to their conversation after that, cause I felt it was a little rude to eavesdrop.

I looked out the window, seeing people pass by. And my mind wondered, the guy said something about a Pokémon League, what's that? He also mentioned a badge.

I heard the chair in front of me move, turned my head, and Summer had returned.

"So what did I miss?" She asked, sitting down.

"Nothing really," I said, and continued eating.

"Ah ok, well we should be heading back, our pokémon are probably healed up already." she said.

"Yeah," I agreed, and ate bit faster.