The Rock Type

It was really dark inside, the light from outside was the only way I was able to see some of the room.

"H..hello.." I couldn't help but sound nervous.

"Who goes there?" someone said, almost making me jump.

Then a spotlight behind me turned on above a guy, he sat legs crossed on a some stone pedestal thing with few steps going to it.

"Uhh, are you the gym leader Brock?" I asked.

"That is correct. I assume you're here to challenge me." Brock still sat, his voice wasn't too intimidating like I thought.

"Yes, I am. I'm Emily Tiffin from Celadon City," I said, trying to be calm.

"Is this your first gym match?" Brock asked?

"Well..," I was beginning to say, but he continued.

"You do know gym matches differ from other battles, since this match is for pokémon league authorization there are special rules." Brock informed me.

"I might have," I said.

Brock finally stood up, "We will use two pokémon each, understand."

"Oh, ok then,"

"That's a nice Vulpix you have," he said, looking at her, "how long have you been with it?"

"Since I was five but just started training her," I answered, turning my head from him to Vulpix.

"I see, you may have a strong bond," he complimented, "but I doubt she'll win," he added.

"Hey, she's stronger than she looks," I said a bit upset.

"Well its on you, gym leaders have to accept every challenge, so let's start. Oh and you might want to back up near the doors."

"Umm.. ok," I was still touchy about what he said before, but I did.

Brock raised his hand and snapped, then suddenly the lights turned on and the doors on both sides of us opened. Then it looked like pieces of land came out and when they came together I got what is was.

It was a rock type battle stage.

Brock was already down from his pedestal thing. "Let the match begin, unfortunately I can't go easy on you just cause you're a girl." He said again with a pokeball in his hand.

"That's fine with me, Vulpix I choose you," I told her.

"Vulpix," she said and went on the stage.

"Onix, Go!," Brock half shouted throwing his pokeball.

After it opened a gigantic pokemon appeared, it had a long rock body with no legs or arms, and it had a horn on its head.

"Oh wow," I said shocked by it.

"Onix use Tackle!" Brock shouted.

"Ah, Vulpix use Agility!" I countered.

Vulpix moved before Onix dived its head to where she was.

"Use flamethrower!" I told her.

Landing on a rock she charged and she aimed a roll of blue flames at Onix. That should've gotten it. But it didn't seem phased. Then it tackled at Vulpix again but she jumped.

"What," I said confused. Vulpix looked at me not sure what to do.

"What's the matter? Vulpix looks worried there?" Brock asked, "You should know fire attacks don't really work on rock type," he said.