A Trio

"Congratulations Emily, you've earned the Cascade Badge." Daisy said handing me it.

It was blue and shaped like a water drop, it shined as I looked at it.

"Yes, look Vulpix," I said showing it her.

"Vul," she pipped up.

"Man, I was hoping I would win, but you put up a good fight," Misty said and smiled.

"Thanks, but I'm sure if I made a wrong move you would've won." I told her, I said chuckling.

"Maybe," she agreed lightly laughing.

After saying bye, I was now outside the gym, and there was a little less sunlight.

"I wonder if we should wait for Summer here, or go look for her." I said, but then I thought maybe not cause it's a big city and she didn't say where she was going.

I decided to take out the map, there might be some place I want to go check out. As I was looking at it something did catch my eye, it was a bookstore I recognized.

"Hey they have it here," I said getting excited. "Come on let's go Vulpix,"

She jumped up to my backpack and we followed the map to where it was.

While we were headed there, I looked around thinking I might see Summer, but I didn't see her.

But we did reach the bookstore and it was so big, I couldn't wait to get it in. I'm actually reading a sorta comic series, I hope they'll have it though.

Inside was really nice, there were other people in here to, but my attention quickly changed to something else. There were so many shelves and books, the one that was near my house didn't have as much as this.

I look around for the comic book section and found it, and right away on a shelf that said NEW, I saw the book that I was reading, and it was latest volume. It was called The Misfits, it was basically about a group of five kids that have supernatural powers and how they meet each other, and fight against villains.

The book was a bit high on the shelf for me to reach, I stood on my tiptoes almost getting it but still no use.

Suddenly another hand reached for it, and got it, with someone saying, "Here you go,"

"Oh," I said slightly taking my hand back, looking at the person. She handed me the book.

"Sorry if I scared you," she said, as I got it.

"It's ok," I said then I recognized her, "Hey you're the girl from the gym."

Instead of wearing a bathing suit though, she wore a white choker with a bow on the side, a light pink lace tank top, black shorts, white knee high stockings.

She seemed to recognize me also, "Oh yeah hi,"

"Thanks for helping me," I said feeling a bit embarrassed.

"No problem, I actually love that series to," she said.

"You like The Misfits," I said surprised.

"Yeah it's awesome, the story, characters, and the art too,"

"Yeah it is," I said agreeing.

"I'm Lauren Starla," she introduced herself.

"Oh I'm Emily Tiffin, and this is Vulpix" I introduced her too.

"Aww she's cute hehe," Lauren lightly giggled, then she got herself the book also, "I actually saw your battle against Misty,"

"You did?"

"Yeah, I was heading out and saw from the doors, you did a good job," she complimented.

"Thanks, I'm actually surprised I won the first time" I said.

"Well you did it," Lauren said.

"So are you a trainer also?" I asked.

"Yes I am," she said smiling.

"Oh cool, what pokémon do you have?"

"They're mostly water type pokémon," Lauren said.

"Ah I should've known, you were at the Cerulean Gym,"

"Yeah I love water type pokémon," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Lauren payed for our books and talked more one a table outside of the book store.

"I think you're Vulpix is the first I've ever seen," Lauren said, looking at her.

"Oh really?" I asked, I looked at her also, she was resting at my feet.

"Yeah from the time I've been here, I don't remember seeing anyone have one." She explained.

"Oh I see," I said, "Do you live here?"

"Well not exactly, I'm from Vermilion City, I'm actually thinking about going back there to visit my family."

I was about to say something, but suddenly someone shouted my name, "Hey Emily," I recognized the voice.

I turned my head and saw Summer and Growlithe walking towards us.

"Hey Summer," I said, waving my hand.

"So this is where you've been, I was gonna head to the Gym," she said, now at the table.

"Well I decided to walk around myself." I told her as she sat down on a chair.

"So I see you made a new friend," she said looking at Lauren.

"Hi," she said a little low.

"This is Lauren, I met her at the Gym." I told Summer.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Summer," Summer greeted, she took her hand out.

"Nice to meet you also," Lauren said, shaking hands.

"Oh did you win the badge Emily," Summer asked.

"Yeah I did, look," I said showing her the new badge in my jacket.

"Cool, nice job kid," she said giving a thumbs up.

"Thanks," I said.

"Guess we should be going to the next city then,"

"Right, what's the next one?" I asked.

"It's actually Vermilion City," Lauren said.

"Yeah she's right," Summer said, looking at a guide book.

"Oh well if we're going there too, do you want to come with us?" I asked Lauren.

She was a bit surprised by my question, and seemed hesitant to answer.

"If you don't want to you don't have to," I mended.

"Well, if we're going to the same place, I don't see why not," Lauren said.

"Alright then, its settled, welcome to the group," Summer said.

"Thanks heh," Lauren said laughing nervously.

And just like that, it seems another person has joined our group, making it a trio.

It was sunset as the three of us left the city, as we walked Summer and Lauren were talking, asking her basically the same questions I asked.

Now with my second trainer badge earned, and a new companion, I was more confident, and ready for the next opponent I go up against.