Viridian City

"Bulbasaur, use vine whip!" I said.

"Bluba," he said, then two vines came out and he smacked the Caterpie and it flew in the air.

It had swirls in its eyes when it hit the floor. I got a pokeball threw it to where the Caterpie was, and captured it. Vulpix, Bulbasaur, and me stood still as the pokeball wiggled and moved, then it stopped and it made a noise as the button turned white.

"Yes!" I jumped cheering, my first pokemon catch, Vulpix and Bulbasaur cheered too. I felt pretty good when I picked up the pokeball.

I was only walking for a bit and already caught a pokemon, "Good job Bulbasaur," I said and put him back in his pokeball.

"Vul," Vulpix piped.

"Come on Vulpix, we still have to head to Viridian City."

An hour or so of walking I was getting a bit tired. Then I saw a sign on the side of the road, to my relief it said Viridian City. Actually I looked straight ahead and the path led to a city, I could see the buildings.

As me and Vulpix walked forward someone suddenly shouted.

"Hey you!"

I turned and saw a girl coming from the trees on our right side. She looked about my age, she had long green hair, was skinny, likely taller than me, and she had a kinda flashy outfit. She wore a tan baggy shirt with jewels across the neck line, and black shorts that had designs.

"Are you a pokemon trainer?" She asked, now in front of me.

"Y..yes I am," I said, taking half a step back, letting my shyness get the best of me.

"Don't get scared, I don't bite," She paused, "hard," then she slyly smiled.

Which got me a little more nervous.

"I'll cut to the chase, I'm training my pokemon and I need another whimp to beat. You seem to fit the bill, if you beat me I'll let you pass."

I didn't like dealing with bullies, but I wasn't gonna let a green haired barbie doll stop me.

"What if I win?" I challenged, still feeling nervous though.

Then I saw a little glint in her eyes, "What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Emily Tiffin," I said.

"Well Emily, I'm Nora Faunder, and we'll see about that," Nora replied.

I pursed my lips but followed her to where the battle will be, which was only a few yards from the path.

"We'll battle with one pokemon each, think you can handle it?" Nora teased.

"Sounds good," I said annoyed.

"Alright, pokeball go!" She shouted, and threw her pokeball.

"Hey that's a Nidoran," I said after her pokemon came out.

I took out my pokedex to see what Dexter had to say.
Nidoran. Its poison pin is quite powerful for its size, but its horn is smaller than a male's.

"So what pokemon will you choose?" Nora asked, obviously sounding proud of her Nidoran.

I looked down at Vulpix and she nodded, I nodded back, "I choose Vulpix," and she stepped up.

"Ok let's start, Nidoran use double kick!" Nora shouted.

"Vulpix dodge them with your agility," I countered.

As Nidoran used her kicks Vulpix dodged them quickly going left and right.

Nora lips were pursed seeing Vulpix was uninjured, "Nidoran use posion sting!"