FOURTEEN

Man Don't Care

Angelina

"Stefan?" I gasped at his bloody body on the ground. Damon dashed over to grab his body but yelped in pain at touching his clothes. Dropping his body back on the ground with a thud which Stefan groaned at rolling onto his side.

"Vervain." Damon confirmed, I lifted up Stefan's body and cradled him in my arms as he moaned in pain from being drenched in vervain and from being beaten black and blue. I wiped the blood from under his nose and held his body waiting for Damon to do something.

"Stefan, who did this to you?" I asked kindly, him groaning every so often from the agony of the burning from the verain. "I don't k-know, I was jumped on the way here. I couldn't see anyone." He groaned. I grabbed a pocket knife from the desk draw and sliced my thumb open wincing at the stinging sensation as blood pooled out the gash.

"Angelina, what are you doing?" Damon raised a brow as I held my bleeding hand near Stefan the familiar veins forming and his eyes turning a vibrant red, his fangs poking out from under his lip. 

"He won't be able to stop, do you know how intoxicating your blood is?" Damon whispered shouted but I rolled my eyes at him and shoved my thumb into Stefan's mouth as he reluctantly sunk his fangs into my hand and began to suck the blood from the wound.

"That's why you're going to stop him Damon when he goes too far." Stefan's wounds started healing as the more blood he drank, I tried to yank my hand away once he was fully healed but he clutched onto my hand and carried on sucking.

"Stefan, stop." I whimpered, looking towards Damon for help. Damon nodded before flinging Stefan off my hand but that didn't stop Stefan. He charged at me, his eyes locked onto my bleeding wound with devilish eyes. Damon charged at him to stop him but with one quick snap, Stefan had broken Damon's neck and Damon collapsed to the floor with a thud. I screamed, running to the door. Locking it behind me, I clutched my bleeding hand and ran down the corridor heading for the door. 

My bedroom door flung open and there was this demonic Stefan like he had been possessed, I was frozen on the spot in the corridor not knowing what to do. I couldn't kill Stefan because this obviously wasn't Stefan. His eyes had turned black which confirmed that he was under a spell, blood dripped onto the carpet his eyes were still on my bleeding hand.

"Stefan, this is not you. Fight through it, I know you don't want to do this." I attempted to negotiate but he just laughed at my measly attempts at breaking through the spell. 

"Angelina Knight the pathetic excuse for a Saffron Girl. You cannot open the chamber." A deep, inhumane voice echoed out of Stefan's mouth that filled the whole Boarding House. I whimpered, I backed away but every step I made, Stefan moved one step forward.

"Please don't do this." I whimpered but Stefan just chuckled before running towards me growling as he did so. He lunged and both of us fell backwards down the staircase, I groaned as we reached the bottom with him lay on top of me. I flung him with the wind off my body where he was thrown against a wall.

"Stefan, I know this isn't you but I really don't want to hur-" All the air was knocked out of me as a body lunged towards mine sending me flying against the wall, my head smacking on the wall. I winced as Stefan was pressed against my body with black as night eyes and a menacing smile.

"The chamber must never be opened." He repeated before sinking his teeth into my neck, I screamed and cried as he sucked the blood from my neck. I squirmed under his hard grip trying to throw him off me but I couldn't concentrate on using my powers. My body felt heavy as my eyes began to droop, feeling the warm liquid trickle down my neck and onto my sweater. The weight was lifted off my body as I heard a faint crash.