Chapter 4- More Than Meets the Eye

Star's POV

I'm looking around the junkyard to see where is Russell at. Finally, I found him and he was looking at the telescope that looks straight to the city. "Fun, excitement. So close and yet so far," Russell sighs. "Hey, Russell!!," I call. He turned around,"Oh, hey Star."

"Were you looking at Crown City?"

"Well, definitely. What makes you think?"

"Just asking," I shrug.

"You know what I did for fun when I was the only conscious Bot on the prison ship? Heh, nothing. And lots of it," Fixit giggles. Me and Russell look at each other and I face palm. "For us my friend, it's not that funny," I frown at him. "That really didn't help, did it?," he ask. I shook my head,"Nope." "I have a cure for boredom," Denny budge in,"there's a football field down the road where the neighborhood kids play. Why don't you two check it out?"

"Uh, sorry, dad, uh...," Russell shrugs. "No helmets," I finish. Uncle Denny is thinking of something if he had any helmets lying around here and he finally got one, but it only fits on my cousin. "Is there another helmet that fits on me Uncle Denny?," I ask. "Let me take a look," he said. He kept looking, but it turns out empty handed. "Guess that I should watch Russell play instead."

"By the way, this thing's a hundred years old," Russell comment. "I know, right? It belonged to Bronko Kowalski, the Poughkeepsie Pile Driver." "Wow," Fixit said, curious. He sniffs on that helmet for no apparent reason. "It has a very, uh, interesting odor, heh." Wow, that was a rude comment to say, but it is true though. Whenever the things are old and rusty, it does have weird smells to it. "You are going to rule the turf," Denny compliment. "Rule it or eat it?," I ask a weird question.

By the way, Bee wants me to stay at the junkyard for today because he thought this particular mission might be a little bit dangerous for me to handle. I think I totally agree with him until he lets me go on a safer mission with him and the others. He also told me that this weird Decepticon might be a crab looking guy at the golf court that isn't too far from base. I hope that they catch it before a human spots them and their identities will be revealed to the world.

I wanna help Bee team right now because sitting at the junkyard is really boring. Suddenly, I was space out for a good minute until Russell wave his hand in front of my face. I finally snap back into reality. "Are you ok Star? You were spacing out," Russell ask, worried. "Sorry about that," I rub my head,"I was thinking of something." "Then, let's go to the football field." We walk to the football field and it took about 5-7 minutes to get there.

We saw at least 5 kids at the field; 4 boys and 1 girl, while both of us were hiding behind the stand because we're nervous. We watch them play for a moment until the girl throw the ball over the boy's reach and land in front of us. "Hey, kid," one boy taunt. We look at each other like: he is talking to you or me? and then look at him with our finger pointing neither of us in question. Russell decided to pick it up and walk towards them.

"We're a player short and.... Hey, don't you and your friend over there live in the junkyard?" Oh man, things gets a bit creepy, good luck Russell. "Uh, actually it's more of a vintage depot for the, uh...," Russell hesitate. Then, the girl walk up to him. "What's with the hat?," she ask,"looks like it could have belonged to Bronko Kowalski." It is from Bronko Kowalski young lady, not trying to be rude though. "Uh, actually, it did."

"That's retro-brilliant. I'm Hank," Hank smile. "I'm Russell," Russell smile,"and over there is my cousin. Her name is Star." I wave in an innocent act as I smile. The boy whisper to Russell's ear that I can't even listen. Without any warning, Hank punch him quite hard in the stomach. "This is Butch," she continue,"his real name is Cynthia. Listen up. Ruby Chicken Nasty Fungus on hut. Break!!" For me, I don't even understand this kid for no reason, but I had to wait and see.