Chapter 9- Rumble in the Jungle; Strongarm's First Solo Mission

Strongarm's POV

Finally, for the first time in months, I can do a solo mission. I've been waiting for so long just to do this so that I can get promoted.

Right now, I am driving around the desert street, doing my patrol to keep an eye out for Decepticons. I promise to Bee and Fixit that I can contact them when I spot any of them. "Personal journal: I have driven 2000 miles from the scrapyard, and my pistons are positively tingling. Successfully completing this mission might mean a promotion. Sergeant Strongarm. Lt. Strongarm. President Strongarm," I thought in mind.

"Cadet Strongarm, come in. Stasis report, please," Fixit com link. Urgh, this is like the 10th time that Fixit called me. "Hasn't change since you asked me 12 minutes ago, Fixit. Is it really necessary to-." "Yes. When Bumblebee agreed, after weeks of begging and pleading on your part, to let you go on your first solo outing, you promise to check in every 10 minutes."

Yup, I had to beg Lt. if he can let me go on this mission and I made a promise to Bumblebee about the report every 10 minutes. I shouldn't have made that in the first place, crap. "It's a simple recon mission," I roll my eyes. "You are investigating a Decepticon signal." We were silent for a moment till I talk. ""Possible signal," Fixit. If it is real, I'll call for backup, like I promised 37 times before I left."

I check on my left car mirror and see a large trail of smoky dust heading to my direction. "Maybe I spook too soon," I whisper,"I'll call you in ten, Fixit. Out." I made a sharp turn to left and head to a mountain while the trail is following me behind. I drive all the way up to the top and hide until my enemy stops its place. The vehicle stops and I jump down from above and realize the car was Lt. Bumblebee. "You!!," I growl.

"Uh, look, this-heh. This isn't how it looks, Strongarm," Bee transform,"I just forgot to give you something before you left. It's my good luck rock. Took it on my very first mission. Must've dropped it. Right? Heh. Here." I know that Lt. Bumblebee is making an excuse for following me. "Lt., this is supposed to be my first solo mission. Isn't that correct?," I frown.

"Technically, yes. But you're on a strange planet, in unfamiliar terrain. I just wanted to make sure nothing bad happened."

"The only bad thing happening is you are clearly demonstrating that you do not trust my abilities. Or my training."

"Okay. Look, this is your mission. I'll leave you to it," he understand.

"Thank you, sir," I smile.

Star's POV

I'm with Sideswipe and Fixit as my friend, or my partner, explain to Fixit that it was Uncle Denny's fault that he was using some sort of a turbo-charge thing while helping. "It was Denny's idea to turbo-charge our spark plugs," Sideswipe whines. "You shouldn't be helping Denny Clay with technology. He doesn't-," Fixit explain.

We heard some loud clattering right behind us as we look at the stasis pods and Uncle Denny's feet are lodge by one of it. Russell is trying to help his dad. I walk up to them,"And what have we here?" Uncle Denny and Russell look at me when I made a frown.

"Coming through," Grimlock walks in. He grab the pod that is covering Uncle Denny as Fixit chuckles a little. "Denny Clay, I sincerely appreciate your efforts to improve upon our limited resources, but Cybertronian technology is simply too advanced for the human brain," he explain. "Yeah, only big brains like ours understand complicated stuff," Grim agree,"like this."

Grimlock hands over a kazoo to Russell as he frown a bit. "Uh, Grimlock, that's a kazoo?,"Russell said. He then blows the kazoo and it makes a buzz. "Ahh!!" I almost giggle when Grimlock scream, but I keep it to myself.