Call Down The Storm Rose

Hey y’all! Thank you for the reviews!  I won’t keep you waiting!  Here’s the next chapter :)

Quote of the Chapter:
“I’ve got a bottle full of hydrochloric acid in my hand, Ren.  Don’t piss me off.”
~Calla Tor
__________________________________________

Chapter 4: Call Down the Storm Rose

Ren 

Ren woke up to the smell of bacon… lots of it.  He wasn’t sure if his stomach growled or if he growled, but either way, he rolled out of bed and padded to his bathroom.  It was really clean.  The bathroom was tastefully decorated.  The toothbrush holder, two soap holders (bar and liquid), and the trash can were clear with silver vines twining around them.  The walls were painted a pale, cheerful green.  Ren splashed water on his face to make him more alert.  He was going to have to be on the top of his game if he was going to have to face Shiloh again.  The guy had serious issues.

He ran a hand through his hair as he left his room, promptly bumping into one of the pack mates; it was Derek.

“Hey, dude, glad the jams fit,” Derek said. “You smelled the bacon didn’t you?”

“How’d you know?” Ren inquired, grinning slightly.

“Mia has this ability to make the smell of bacon spread a ten mile radius, and that’s no joke.  Literally, I was on patrol with Michael and we were ten miles away and we smelled it.  We give poor Mia hell about it,” Derek explained with a lopsided smile.  Ren gave a small laugh.

At that moment, Arya opened her door, wearing a tank top, sweatpants, and her hair was thrown up into a ponytail.  She was rubbing her eyes as if she had just gotten up.

“Morning, sleeping beauty,” Derek greeted cheerfully.

“Being that cheerful in the morning isn’t normal,” Arya muttered.

“We’re not normal, babe,” Derek replied.

“I wish Mia didn’t cook such amazing bacon because I would love to sleep in one day,” Arya said.  She turned to Ren and smiled. “Morning, Ren.”

“Good morning, Arya.”

The three of them walked downstairs and out the door where a long picnic table had suddenly appeared.  It hadn’t been there last night.

Ren looked for Shiloh and found him chatting with Carrie.  His head jerked up when Arya came out.  Ren was pretty sure it was because his scent carried over to where Shiloh was sitting.

He strutted over to the threesome.  Arya stood in front of Ren and Derek, tall and proud.

“Morning, Arya,” Shiloh said, kissing her on the cheek.  Ren knew that was specifically for his benefit, and truthfully, it pissed him off.  He held back the growl struggling to come out of his throat.

“Morning, Shiloh.  Sleep well?”

“Yeah, I slept really well actually.  And you?”

“Surprisingly, not bad,” Arya replied, as if she truly were shocked.

“Let’s eat.” He took her hand and led her to the picnic table.  Ren and Derek followed.  Arya turned her head around to face Ren; she gave him a slight wink and an eye roll before turning forwards again.  He held back a laugh.  Arya sat in the middle of the table.  Ren took the seat or her left while Shiloh sat on her right.  Rigg and Dmitri sat across the table and they gave Ren mischievous smiles, which didn’t settle well with him.  Mia, Walter, Melinda, Ray, and Katrina came out with platters of pancakes, eggs, sausage, and yes!  Bacon!