Orange Rose

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN POPPY’S RESTAURANT.  I JUST GO THERE WHENEVER I GO TO ESTES BECAUSE IT’S DELICIOUS!

Anyways, read on!

Quote of the Chapter:
“Whoa, Hurricane Naomi strikes, leaving no survivors.”
~Ansel from Nightshade
_________________________________

Chapter 9: Orange Rose

Ren 

Six months later…

Ren and Arya strolled leisurely in downtown Estes Park while the rest of the pack waited for them at Poppy’s.  Their hands were intertwined together as they passed the tourists.

“I remember the first time you showed me around town and we were in wolf form and we scared the crap out of tourists,” Ren whispered.  Arya giggled.

“That was awesome.  I do believe we need to do that again,” She mused.

“I’m inclined to agree with you.  How about… later today.  All of us,” he suggested.  With a grin, she agreed wholeheartedly.  Ren smiled as they fell silent.  His thoughts went to the night they had finally become boyfriend and girlfriend.  He’d been in pain from his fight with Tony but having Arya next to him (and underneath him at times), he’d been completely fine.  They’d had a long make-out session until she had pinned him underneath her, claiming he needed rest so he could heal and that she wanted to change clothes.  He protested against her changing because he liked her in the dress.  Arya didn’t listen.  Giving him a final kiss on the cheek, she jumped off the bed and went to her room.  She was gone for ten minutes.  When she came back, she wore sweatpants along with tank top.  Arya crawled into bed next to him.  They fell asleep together.  When Ren woke up, her head was on his chest and she was silently breathing; her arm stretched out protectively across her chest.

“Ren!” Arya’s voice broke through his thoughts.

“Hmm?”

“You okay?”

“Yeah, just thinking about when we started dating,” he replied with a brilliant grin.

“That was an amazing night, wasn’t it?  Well, besides the fact that you were shot and almost died on me and then got in a fight,” Arya said with a grimace.

“It was a bit of a damper on the day,” he joked.

“A bit?  I almost lost you!  Twice!” she exclaimed vehemently.

“Calm down, sweetie,” he consoled. “I’m not leaving you again.”

She gave Ren a half smirk while looking at him from the corner of her eyes.  He squeezed her hand reassuringly as they walked up to Poppy’s.

“Arya!  Ren!” Holly, one of the waitresses, greeted them. “You’re pack is waiting for you inside.  I don’t think you can miss them.”

“I would be worried if we did,” Ren joked.  The couple walked inside and their pack took up the whole middle section of the restaurant.  They greeted the alphas with a smile, wave, and a cheerful ‘hello.’

“Sorry it took so long,” Arya apologized when she and Ren sat down.

“What were you two up to?” Carrie asked with a mischievous smirk.  She and Shiloh were shoulder to shoulder, sitting as close to each other as physically possible.

“Nothing that you’re thinking of!” Arya retorted airily.  Carrie grinned before asking, “So what do y’all want to do afterwards?”

“I was thinking we could go into the park, romp around a little, put on a show for tourists,” Arya replied.