Bridal Rose

FINAL CHAPTER OH MY GOODNESS!  Well, maybe, depends on how I end it since I wing each chapter.  Enjoy! :)

Chapter Quote:
“Real love, even in moments, is worth more than any of us can say.”
~Unknown
______________________________________

Chapter 21: Bridal Rose

Arya 

New Years’ Eve, 11:45 p.m…

The Lightwood and Nightshade pack trekked up the ski slope to get the best view of the fireworks.  Arya trailed in the back with Melinda, Carrie, Casey, and Reyna.  The four wolves were gossiping something about Ryan Reynolds while Arya remained silent.  It’d been two weeks since Ren had returned, and nothing about his memory had improved.  Arya felt completely awkward and unsure of herself around him.  She hated that feeling, she didn’t know how to respond to him feeling that way.  Her solution ended up just to avoid him as much as possible, at least while alone.  Somehow though, she always seemed to end up alone with him someway somehow.

At the moment, Ren was with Shiloh and Loren, discussing something with them.  She tried to eavesdrop but since there were so many conversations going on, it turned out impossible.  When the group reached the top of the hill, they huddled in groups to stay warm.  Arya and her group stood in the very front, chattering away.

Someone slipped their hand into hers.  She glanced down in surprise before looking up.  Ren stood next to her, staring at the sky, a smile on his face.

“You look beautiful tonight,” he said.  Arya took in what she was wearing, wondering what he found so great about it.  She wore Ugg boots, skinny jeans, and a puffy, warm coat.  Her hair had been curled, but it was difficult to see since her hood was up.

“Thanks,” she replied.  Her mind raced with why he was holding hands with her.

“So, I think it’s time we talked.”

“About what?”

“Why you’ve been avoiding me.”

Arya felt her heart pound from guilt, but she gave the honest answer. “Oh, uh, I wanted to give you space.  I mean, I didn’t want to be the overly clingy girlfriend to the guy who is an amnesiac and thinking he was still going to marry his ex.”

Ren laughed. “Okay, I understand your reasoning, but I wanted to get to know you… again.”

“Maybe I was worried you wouldn’t like me the second time around.”

“I may not have acted like it, but I’ve been in love with you since they all told me what happened and I know you were dying at the time, but you were really adorable curled up on that chair asleep,” he admitted.  Arya heard a few girls going “aww.”  Turning around, she raised an eyebrow at Casey, Carrie, Reyna, and Melinda.  The girls scrambled ungracefully away.

“I’m glad to see the packs getting along,” Ren said.

“Overall.  I still don’t know what’s going to happen.  I mean, Shiloh and Loren still hardly speak to each other when I’m around.”

“Oh, I think one of your pack mates has been working on Loren.”

“Oh?”

Ren smiled. “I think he and Melinda have a thing going on.”

Arya turned around and searched for her omega and old second.  Sure enough, she found the two of them together, standing close to each other and smiling.