Celsiana Rose

Lovely news today!  I just got accepted into the college of my dreams!  I’m so, so, so happy!  Anyways, enjoy the chapter! :) 

Chapter Quote:
“I’m a fighter, not a lover.”
~Calla Tor in Nightshade
________________________________

Chapter 19: Celsiana Rose

Ren 

“What do you mean that girl and I are engaged?” Ren hissed, sneaking a glance at the sleeping blonde in the recliner.  He remembered talking to her briefly last night and the expression of lost hope when he told her he didn’t remember her.  She’d simply sighed and gone to sleep.  Her name was Arya, and even now, twelve hours later, she still slept soundly.  Her second, Shiloh, kept a watchful eye over her, periodically checking the stab wound she’d received last night fighting Lumine.  The guy named Loren, Arya’s old second, stayed near her too.  He and Shiloh didn’t seem to like each other but they tolerated each other since they had the same goal: get Arya better.

Ren gave the girl credit for being badass.  He didn’t know many Guardians who could take on Lumine and win, Keeper or not.  Arya looked like Calla, but more exotic.  A glittering diamond rested on her ring finger.

“You two were.  She cut it off after you two got in a big argument after you left her for two months without saying anything about it and never contacting her.  She also accused you of asking her to marry you because she looks like Calla,” Ansel informed. “Which, I think she is sort of justified in saying.  They do seriously resemble each other.”

“I wouldn’t marry her for that reason.  I just… the war’s over?  Seriously?  And Calla’s with Shay?” Ren turned to Shiloh. “You’re my new pack?”

“We were.  I don’t know if we are now since you don’t remember us nor are you engaged to my alpha anymore,” he responded emotionlessly.

“Why is she wearing the ring then?”

“Loren gave it to her when he found her because you told him to give it to her.  She put it on her finger and declared war on Lumine.  She ordered us to go rescue you.”

“Is she going to be okay?  I don’t think it’s necessarily normal for a person to sleep that long in the same position.”

“Why worry about her when you don’t even remember her?” Shiloh barked angrily at him.  With a sigh, he calmly said, “Sorry Ren.”

Ren raised an eyebrow. “You’re worried about your alpha and your other alpha has lost his memory about her, you, and everything else.  You have reason.”

“Yeah, but shouting at you isn’t going to do anything.  Ansel, would you mind if I brought her upstairs to a guest room or something?  I need to stretch her out so I can see the wound better.”

Something about Shiloh’s tone gave Ren an uneasy feeling.  Arya wasn’t getting better, at least he didn’t think so.  He doubted Shiloh believed she was.

“Yeah, first door on the left,” Ansel replied.  Shiloh nodded and scooped Arya up his arms.  She didn’t stir.  He and Loren left, leaving Ren alone with Ansel, Adne, Neville, and Sabine.

“Is there anything I can do to get my memory back?” Ren inquired.

“Connor went back to the academy to talk to the healers to see if there’s anything to heal your memory.  Every potion has an antidote in my experience.  I don’t think you’re the exception.  I think you’ll get your memory back, maybe just not for a week or two,” Adne said.

“I can’t believe I have a little sister,” Ren said drolly.

“I finally get to have a big brother torture my boyfriend,” she laughed.

“Trust me, I will.”

At that moment, Loren came charging down the stairs.  He dashed into the kitchen, grabbed a towel, and ran it under freezing water.

“What’s going on?” Sabine demanded, standing up.

Loren turned to face them, looking grim. “Arya’s taking a turn for the worse.”

“I want to see her,” Ren said firmly, starting to stand up.  His body screamed in pain but he wouldn’t listen.  He limped over to the stairs and started following Loren.  Adne and Sabine helped him up.  Neville and Ansel followed closely behind, ready to catch him if he fell.  When they reached Arya’s room, they found Shiloh at her bedside, dabbing her face with the wet towel Loren had brought him.  Loren himself was forcing Guardian blood into her mouth.  Arya appeared dead.  Her face was ashen and she lay stone-still.  If it had been for the sweat falling down her forehead, Ren would’ve thought the worst.

“What’s happening?” he asked, trying to keep his voice from trembling.

“I think Lumine poisoned the blade that she struck Arya with.  It’s finally getting into her system.  She has a high fever.  If it goes any higher, it’ll kill her.”

Ren felt the color draining from his face.  Arya couldn’t die.  He needed to talk to her, to tell her he’d get his memory back.  Even if he didn’t remember their relationship, he already felt an intense need to protect her, to care for her.

“Let me give her some blood,” Ren said.

“Like hell you are.  You can barely walk yourself,” Shiloh retorted.

“I don’t care!  I want to help her!”

“Then get your damn memory back!  You’re not helping her in your amnesiac, battered state at the moment.  Get healed, then you can help her.  Go to the academy and talk to the healers themselves.  For now, leave her and us alone,” Shiloh snapped.  Ren bared his teeth but backed off, more because of the sting of the guy’s words rather than he was afraid of him.

“Let’s go see, Connor,” Adne suggested, breaking the tension in the room.  She started leading Ren out of the room.  But he stopped her.  He shrugged off her and Sabine’s supportive arms and strode over to Arya.  Shiloh stood up, growling a warning not to come closer.  With one alpha glare, Ren forced Shiloh to submit.  Obviously, the guy still had some feelings that Ren was his alpha.

A strand of hair fell in front of Arya’s face, covering her eye.  Ren pushed it out of the way and cupped her face, running his thumb across her cheek.  He bent down and kissed her on the forehead before whispering, “Come back to me because I’m coming back for you.”
________________________________

I hope you enjoyed!  Let’s hope Ren gets his memory back!  Review :)