Girlfriend Part IIII. (final part)

"Never have I wanted to hate someone as much as you; perhaps it is for the fact that my heart cannot contain the love I have for you."

...................................................................................................................

1 year later...

Arnav patiently waited in front of the temple. He was waiting for his lovely wife to finish her puja. Khushi had asked for him to come inside for the puja, but he respectfully declined. Even after getting married, Khushi never forced him to believe in her 'devi maiyaa'. The only reason why he was here, was because he had promised her a year ago that he would let her fast for him.  He had broken her fast and stepped out to take a call. 

Arnav glanced at his watch.

When will this puja end?

He looked up to see his beautiful wife walking down the stairs of the temple. She was really a beauty. He still remembered the day he had proposed to her, it wasn't emotional or romantic at all. How could it be, Arnav Singh Raizada had his own way of doing things.

*Flashback

"Khushi, come to my office right now!"

Arnav had been pacing back and forth in his office. He was very frustrated today, first the meetings and then his family who was not leaving him alone. His Nani was after him with the idea of marriage. They knew he didn't believe in marriage and in the concept of staying together with someone forever. They knew of his past.

He knew his family was also troubling Khushi about the idea of marriage. He could tell with the way Khushi was avoiding him for the past few days, that something was troubling her. 

Arnav turned around when he heard someone clearing their throat behind him. 

"You called me?"

Arnav stared at Khushi. He had been with Khushi for the longest time, but he still couldn't ever tell what was going on in her mind. 

"Yes, I did call you. Why aren't you picking up my phone these days? Where have you been?"

I missed you.

Arnav wanted to say it, but the fact of the matter was that he still couldn't say things like that. He still was horrible in trying to express his love for Khushi.

Khushi looked up at him, noticing how he was getting closer to her.

Marriage.

That word had been irritating Khushi for days.  Arnav's Nani was after the idea of Arnav and her getting married and Khushi knew that deep inside even she wanted to get married to him. However, the problem was that he didn't believe in marriage. If he didn't want to get married then how long would their relationship work? Even thinking about their relationship ending, killed Khushi from within.

How will I explain this to him?

"Babe please look at me. Tell me what's troubling you. Is something wrong in your family? Is someone bothering you?"

It was hurting Arnav to see Khushi so quiet. Khushi is never quiet. 

"Is it Nani?"

Khushi looked up for a second. Arnav's suspicion had been confirmed. 

"Khushi, did Nani bring up the topic of marriage? Is that the thing that's been troubling you for days?"

Khushi looked up at him, trying to figure out if he was angry or upset?