Idiot.

Khushi looked around the banquet hall, the strobing lights, the loud music, people dancing like crazy, it was a full Indian wedding.

There were festivities everywhere, such a colorful atmosphere! Khushi laughed when she saw her sister Payal dragging her fiancé with her to the dance floor, what a sight. Khushi took out her phone and took a quick picture of the polar opposite couple.

How?

Khushi always wondered how these two fell for each other. There was Payal, the loud, obnoxious, and chirpy girl and then there was her fiancé the shy type. He was too shy to talk, too shy to dance, and definitely too shy to make the first move on her sister. So how?

It blew her mind knowing that such polar opposite personalities could become one. For example, Khushi herself had a loud and bubbly personality, she could never fall for someone who was an introvert, egoistic, or an unhappy person. Their personalities would clash and their relationship would never work.

However, seeing Payal di and Akash jiju dance to a romantic song on their engagement day made her very happy. They seemed like they were meant to be. Khushi sighed, she craved for such love too.

When will I find my soulmate?

Khushi laughed more when she saw her jiju step away from her sister when she started doing bhangra in the middle of the dance floor.

"Khushi, can you help me?"

Khushi heard someone calling her name from behind her.

Must be mom.

She turned around to see who it was but ended up crashing into someone. She felt cold liquid drench her dress.

"What the...?"

"Ah, what the...", Khushi shouted.

Both of them yelled at the same time.

Khushi wiped her blouse with her hand, trying to ignore the way the sticky juice dripped down her chest. She looked up to find the culprit just staring at her.

"Can't you see?"

Khushi glared at the guy in front of her. He was a little bit taller than her so he hovered over her, but the guy had no manners whatsoever. He didn't bother to apologize or help. All he did was glare back at her.

"I can see, but can you?"

"Haw, the audacity. Instead of apologizing, you're taunting me! Get out of my way."

Khushi pushed him aside with her shoulder and headed to the bathroom, "idiot."

Khushi looked around to see him just walk towards where he was going initially.

Dumbass.

"Khushi beta, what happened?"

Khushi looked at her mom and pouted, "Look ma, some asshole just spilled juice on me. That idiot didn't even apologize! Now, what do I do?"

Khushi's mom studied her situation and then directed her to their hotel room where Khushi could change into another outfit.

After some time, Khushi was done changing. She gave herself a look over in the mirror and then headed out to the hall again.

Khushi saw her dad looking around, he was probably looking for her.

"Papa I am right here, you were looking for me right?"

"Beta where were you? The engagement is about to start and your sister was looking for you everywhere!"

"Sorry papa, let's go! I'll tell you later."