Channa Mereya

"Meeting you was the biggest mistake of my life! You've ruined my sister's life and my life. You've taken everything away from me my peace, happiness, life, and...."

Arnav shut his eyes tightly and let go of his hold on Khushi. He pushed her away from him as he realized what he was about to say.

Khushi stumbled backwards, her weak heart couldn't take his harsh words. She tried to ignore the way her heart was breaking, her eyes were focused on Arnav's face and it was all too much for her. 

"Arnav ji, just please say you don't mean this! You don't really believe I ruined---You don't mean this right?"

It was hard for her to even speak right now because of the emotional turmoil in her heart. 

Her question was met with silence. In that silence she got her reply. 

He meant each word Khushi. His silence says it all!

She froze in her spot, meanwhile Arnav stormed out of the room pushing her on the way.

Accha chalti hoon dua mein yaad rakhna.                                                                                                     Mera zikar ka zubaan pe swadh rakhna.

Khushi walked towards the dresser and sat down in front of the mirror.

She wiped her tear stained face and looked at the bangles that adorned her wrist. 

She slowly slid his mother's bangles off of her wrist and gently placed them on the dresser.

Meeting you was the biggest mistake of my life.

Dil ke sanduko mein mera accha kaam rakhna.                                                                                     Chitti taaron mein bhi tu mera salaam rakhna.

She got up and walked towards the bed. She smiled when she remembered how they once used to fight over the bed.

You've ruined my life.

She took off the stars that were hanging above her side. And then threw them in the trash bin.

You've taken away everything.

Stumbling toward the closet, she pulled out the paper on which she had written that she had taken a loan from him. It was a promise and she was going to give him his 200 rupees back. She owed him nothing.

My peace.

Andhera tera main ne le liya, mera ujhla sitara tera naam kiya, channa mereya.

She kept the 200 rupees wrapped in the paper on the dresser next to his mother's bangles. 

"I won't be the reason behind your misery. I won't darken your life anymore. I wanted to be the light that would shine brightly in your life, but I've done the opposite..."

My happiness.

A tear trickled down her cheek as stared at the moon, under which she had shared many thoughts with her Arnav ji. Under where she met his mother and where she introduced him to her parents.

Tere rukh se apna raasta mor ke chala.                                                                                            Chandan hoon main apni khushboo chor ke chala.                                                                               Mann ki maya rakh ke tera takiya tale.                                                                                                 Bairagi Bairagi ka sooti chola odh ke chala.

"I won't leave even one trace of me behind. but I'll take your name with me. I won't leave the one thing that makes me who I am. I only belong to you, although you would like to think differently."

Channa Mereya.                                                                            Channa Mereya.

She reluctantly touched her mangalsutra 

"Bitiya your mangalsutra is the most sacred things for a wife."

"One of the most sacred things for a wife, but I can't keep this."

She wiped the tears that weren't stopping and she took off her mangalsutra and kept it with everything else that she had kept back.

Khushi looked around the room one last time and then headed out, away from her Arnav ji's life.

life and....

"Sorry Arnav ji"

Channa Mereya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all. I know this hasn't been the most prettiest or my best writing, but it's all I have. 

I wrote this in class because I was bored and I really hope you guys like it.

Vote, comment, and thanks for all the love.