CHAPTER 1

Bang! The door opens wide, and he steps forward into the room with an enormous grin on his face

Bang! The door opens wide, and he steps forward into the room with an enormous grin on his face. His hand holding onto his markers, raising them up in anticipation of what he will do with them, but the grin falters when his eyes see the empty bed.

"Well, good morning, Diego." I say smiling all over, knowing I beat him to the race.

"You're awake?" Diego asks with surprise all over his face, his dark brown eyes glaring at me. "Why are you awake? You should be sleeping and I drawing pictures all over your face."

"Drawing all over my face? You say that's how it is. Besides, I believe I need one day when I am free from you painting my face young man. It's the first day of my last year in school. Give me a break."

"All the more reason! You're a snitch. You're meant to allow me to draw on your face to show dad that I can paint."

"You could always get a paper, Idiot."

"It's always nicer on your face." He says as a matter of fact which a straight face.

That statement makes me scoff.

"You know what, Diego, do me a favor and get out of my room right now!"

This prompts Diego to sit on my bed. "I'm not going anywhere until I draw on your face."

"Get off my bed, you moron! What part of never sit on my bed don't you understand? It's part of my boundaries I remember clearly."

"Oops, sorry. Or isn't that what you girls say when you're not sorry at all." He says this with a broad smile.

I groan inwardly as a quick thought passes through my mind. I then return his smile with a villainous one because I remember that he's also got places he doesn't want me to be. Tit for tat, they say.

I leave the room with a smirk on my face, which makes him wary and run to his playroom. I realize he's running after me, so I run faster (all for being on the race team in junior high, thanks to my dad and also having longer legs than he does) laughing. I get there, hold the door handle and wink at Diego before opening the door and entering.

"No! Don't go in there!" He screams.

"I'm sorry, Diego. I'm already here. Next time you listen to your older sister when she tells you to do something."

"You're not my older sister!"

"Really? And so the eleven years between us says what exactly?" I tilt my head to the side, allowing my straight shoulder-length jet black hair to follow my movement.

Diego gives me a scornful look and runs downstairs shouting, "Mom! Taylor crossed my limit. She's in my playroom."

The goods of having younger siblings are they can't do without involving the parents and the parents on their part blaming us for the whole thing.