CHAPTER 21

The day has finally come

The day has finally come. I woke up today with a pounding headache but all I was focused on was going through the plan in my head, I'm making sure everything is set the way it is supposed to be.

There is just one more thing left out that has to be done. The last thing before the world as they knew it will completely change like they changed mine. If anyone who has been given an assignment does the job well and if the smart people play their cards right then everything will go perfectly and smoothly. I'll finally put an end to this.

I also have to play my cards perfectly which is why I'm here on the bleachers screaming on top of my voice cheering my boyfriend with Pompoms I borrowed from Olivia. Every time my voice accelerates in cheer, I notice a look of pride on Ethan's face, disgust on Dawn's face as she cheered and disbelief on Alistair's face but I don't mind.

Ethan is playing well for the first half against Alistair's team as they have a 5-3 score going. The Scouts have been nodding their heads in approval at his skill. Even I am impressed and I almost feel sorry for him because I know what's coming ahead for him. But I have to say he's playing well for someone who this is going to be the last time he ever plays. He has it coming and there's nothing that can be stopped now because as the second half begins, I see Daniel's jersey number on the field and I remember there's no going back. It's too late to turn back now.

Seeing as the plan has been set into motion, I settle down in my seat as I watch the drama unfold. Otho is playing on Alistair's team, it's probably going to be easy for him to cause an accident I guess but I know that even if he doesn't have the determination and drive I have to ruin Ethan, he has the determination and drive to get his brother out of prison and I believe that that drive alone is good enough to make him not back out at the last minute.

I follow his every step once he's on the field. I'm waiting holding my breath for the moment he acts. Somehow I feel a sense of tension that everyone on the bleachers don't. He plays for a little while in peace enjoying being back on the field I guess and he even scores a goal.

After a few minutes, his eyes meet mine on the bleachers and I know it's time. I sit at the edge of my seat in anticipation, my hands gripping the edge of my seat as I fix my gaze intently at his moves.

The moment Ethan has the ball, Otho moves in towards him from the side running on full speed. At the last moment, almost close to getting the ball, he trips himself and crashes into Ethan who is just about to throw the ball into the basket making his legs a weak and easy spot. The crash is followed by a loud crack stilling everyone's breath in shock.

Ethan's loud scream from the excruciating pain that follows the crack pierces through the silence that filled the court. This thus begins the commotion of the night. Otho bends to help him in pretend as the paramedics rush over and all their teammates come heading in their direction in a rush. As this is happening, another loud piercing scream is heard from the corner where Olivia's cheer team is. My attention just like everyone else's turns in that direction just to see Olivia on the floor and her legs in awkward directions.