CHAPTER 6

It was strange staying in the same tent with someone you're feeling uneasy about

It was strange staying in the same tent with someone you're feeling uneasy about. It's been a day but I can't shake that feeling no matter how much I try to. Most times I'm not the best person to hide my emotions. I close my eyes and stand up from where I lay wanting to get ready for the day.

"Taylor?" Olivia says calling me, making me to stop in my tracks. I turn to look at her as she stands up from her bed to meet me. She holds my shoulder with her two hands, one hand on one side, "Are you okay?" she asks me with a worried look.

I try to smile, "Of course. Any problem?"

"You've been acting weird since you and Ethan's anniversary. What happened? Did you and Ethan have a quarrel?" She asks with a real concerned tone making me scoff internally.

Quarrel? When last did Ethan and I have a quarrel? It's been a long time and even if we did, we reconcile quicker and I'll always blurt out our stupid fights to Olivia.

"Nope. We didn't have a quarrel. Why should we?" I say removing her hand from my shoulder.

"Exactly what I thought. There's no reason for it." She says taking her hand back. I put on a smile and walk away from her when I feel Olivia's right hand in my right shoulder stopping my tracks once again. She looks like she's trying to decide if she should say something but isn't sure how to put it.

"Are you hiding anything from me?" She says picking her words one at a time carefully. Say what now? That's what she settled with?

"No. I'm not. Why would I be? Are you doing anything that'll make me hide anything from you?" I say unconsciously. Ah! My mouth just likes to run.

"Excuse me?" Olivia says with a confused look.

At this I turn to look at her and then put on a smile, "It's nothing okay. I'm not hiding anything from you unless you have a solid reason I should be. Do you?" I ask with a straight face.

She quickly retracts her hand and puts on a fast face of disbelief like she can't believe I'll ask her that.

"How can you even ask me that?" she asks.

"Well, you asked me first. It's only right I ask you back. Don't you think?"

"I didn't mean it like that. I mean I thought maybe you and Ethan didn't use protection and there's a chance you might be, you know..." she says so fast she shocks me she could come up with that so fast.

I blink at her in unbelief, "What?!" I shout but before she can even respond I stop her, "You know what never mind, okay? I'm not hiding anything from you and I'm definitely not pregnant. You should know me better than that." I say and walk out of the room not wanting to continue this ridiculous conversation.

Do you think I'm overreacting? This is plainly ridiculous, right?

I walk out of the tent grabbing my phone in the process trying my best not to think too much. This is just the entire world playing with me. I'm just overthinking things right. There has to explain this whole ridiculous situation.