CHAPTER 17

The whole thing was messed up now

The whole thing was messed up now. With the revelation about my dad, the confrontation from Ethan and break down in Alistair's hands, I had ruined my plans. All of it.

I want them to fully trust me and not doubt my intentions to make them win. Because once they doubt me, they are going to become suspicious and thus that is what's going to happen after the confrontation with Ethan. He is no dummy, how can the girlfriend who had told him to get away from her be supporting him. Of course she's going to be planning something.

And apart from realizing just what I had done, I am furious. Furious that he thought he could come manipulate me into not doing anything stupid by telling me he loved me and he was sorry. God! What type of fool did they take me for? Or rather what type of fool was I that he actually thought that would work? Manhandling me? He made me angrier. It filled with an even a greater drive to have a go at this revenge.

I've decided. No more breakdowns. I am going to show them they had messed with the wrong person.

But I've ruined it so I'm stuck. How do I make them go back to trusting me? It's too early for them not to trust me. When the time comes they can do that but not now.

As I'm beginning to scatter my hair with my hands from trying to figure out how to do this without having to go ask Dawn, the door to my room bursts open to reveal Diego who looks I have really pissed him off.

I wait for a minute waiting for him to say something or just laugh at him trying to get me worried but when he does nothing of the sort, I give him skeptical look before is speak.

"Yes? Can I help you? " I ask him

"Of course not." He says still glaring at me making me even more confused, "Why would I need your help? Not after what you did yesterday."

When he finishes his sentence, I sigh. I know how this most seem to him. After I came back, I could feel the thick tension in the atmosphere that I had left behind on my storming out. My parents rarely have an issue but that happened yesterday and I guess it definitely would affect Diego.

"Diego..." I say his name wanting to explain but he stops me with his hand raised up.

"But that's not why I'm here." He says shutting me up before he finally walks into my room letting the door lose behind him.

"Oh." Find myself saying to his statement, "So why exactly are you here banging my door like you see fit?"

"Because I can't seem to understand when you became so heartless. I get that mom and dad might have hurt you but what did your boyfriend do to you?" he asks me

"Excuse you?" I say wondering what nonsense he's spilling out of his mouth at the moment.

"Yes! You heard me well young lady! He's your boyfriend for goodness sake and he's probably the one who would take you in when next you're so angry with mum and dad and maybe me that you don't want to stay home. How can you be seating comfortably on your bed when he's not feeling well?" he asks me and folds his hand raising one brow.