CHAPTER 24

A/N JUL'20: Hey guys, as some of you know, I've been editing this book from the beginning and changing a couple of things

A/N JUL'20: Hey guys, as some of you know, I've been editing this book from the beginning and changing a couple of things. Well editing the book brought about an added new chapter, this one. This book used to be 23 chapters but is now 24 because I edited it so please take note, this is not an extra chapter to the previous story line, this is the new last chapter. Without further ado, I hope you enjoy it.  

______-______-______-______

Finally out of my house after three weeks, for a breather. After the whole incident, if you can call it that, my migraines kicked in, in full force and I was kept under house arrest. It's not like my dad was going to let me anywhere near that school even if the migraine didn't kick in.

I decided to take a stroll out these familiar streets that I'm soon leaving in a little while. A lot of things have taken effect and changed these past few weeks.

Of course, the voting went on and Dawn and Alistair won that, they also won the final game. I heard that Beacon high's principal wasn't really happy with the outcome because we did not have a personal trophy for the school.

As for Ethan, while he was ruined as expected. With a broken leg that he didn't allow to rest, there is no playing basketball again for him. Matt made him go back to Beacon high, he is going to graduate from there. Apparently, there is no rich kids' easy way out for him, seeing as he had gone and tarnished their good name.

I say that's further suicide for Ethan because his reputation has gone down the drain in school and people are going to trample on him now. Pity.

Olivia on the other hand was sent away. Her mother had, had it with her and she wasn't interested in putting up with her anymore. So she sent her to meet her dad. Good for Olivia you'd say since it's something she's always wanted but she didn't know that her mum kept away from her dad because he was in loads of debt and handling a kid was the last thing on his mind but now I guess Olivia is ready to see how the life of a poor kid is.

A collision into a hard chest brings me out of my thoughts. A hand settles on my waist to keep me steady. I look up to face the person I collided with.

"Alistair?"

"Taylor?"

A soft chuckle escapes his lips as he focuses intently on my face, "You are finally allowed out of your house now, huh?"

A small smile graces my lips, "Well I had to escape the from there. They were basically killing me in there."

"Well they're just worried." he says with a tight smile staring at me like he hasn't seen me in years.

"You're staring." I find myself pointing out.

"Right sorry." he chuckles scratching the back of his head, "It's just that the last time I saw you, well you were a hot mess. I'm just... well I just want to know if you're really fine, that's all."

"You could just ask instead of staring, you know?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Well I wasn't sure if you would tell me the truth so I wanted to figure it out myself."

"And did you?"

"Huh?"

"Figure it out yourself I mean."

"Right, em, not really." he laughs awkwardly, "It's hard to determine how much you're hurting and how much you're hiding." he says and then looks at me with a serious gaze, "How are you Taylor?"

I chuckle honestly at the question, "Now I can't tell you I'm fine seeing as you are really trying to see through me. The truth is I don't know how I am. All I know is that I'm just here and I would like to leave it that way."

"Sure." he says facing away from me a bit before turning back to me, "So I heard you're moving away."

"Yes, my dad wants me to have a fresh start away from this place and it's memories." I tell him except the truth is that might just be part of the reason but it's not the main reason. A friend of my dad had linked him up to a doctor in Nottingham, United Kingdom who had done a research on my case before and he figured we should move there. It will give me a fresh start and I can get the treatment I need.

"How long are you going for?"

"Well till I'm better? Till I find a new pace to live by?" I say but all I mean is till forever since we're not even sure if I will make it to the next year.

"Well then I'm glad I was able to catch you before you left. I hope you find what you're looking for, Taylor." he says with a sad smile. He looks like he wants to say something else but decides against it and instead he closes the gap between us, taking my face in his hand softly. Bringing my head closer, he places a soft swift kiss on my forehead before pulling away, "Bye for now Taylor."

"Bye Alistair." I reply as I watch him leave before continuing on my walk. This is the ending of a chapter in my life and the beginning of a new one. Except I don't know what this new chapter entails, it could lead to my death or a painful life. Whichever it is, there's going to be a new me facing life as it is and not as I want it to be.

______-______-______-______

And that is our last chapter, I do hope for new readers that you enjoyed this book. Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you did. Thanks for sticking t the end everyone.  

Bye see you all in my next book which i will let you know when the first chapter is up.

Also, Taylor just happened to make a reference to my new book. While she's continuing her story in Nottingham, that's also me indirectly telling you that my new story begins in Nottingham, United Kingdom.😁

Toodles.