Chapter 9

It was the fourth of July when Sophia and Liam decided to visit us again. Our quiet neighborhood turned into frenzy since early in the morning, setting up tables and grills in their backyards.

Harry was the one who suggested we grill patties for burgers, which I agreed to immediately since that will require no cooking on my part. We spent the whole morning tidying up the house, then setting up our backyard. At around six, just when Harry started grilling, they finally arrived.

Sophia hugged me as soon as I opened the door for them, "Nice to see you again."

"Likewise."

Next was Liam, who was buried into a stack of three pies. "I'm just gonna place these in the kitchen," he mumbled.

A blond haired guy who wore Ray-Bans even if it the sun was down, tackled me in a hug as soon as he was through the door. "How are you? Sorry I didn't get to drop by the hospital, was quite busy."

"I'm okay," I mumbled, patting his back awkwardly. "Shall we go to the back?"

***

I hated fourth of July since I was a kid. Our house would always be packed as my parents loved entertaining their annoyingly loud friends who usually came with their annoyingly snob kids. There was even one time they had to lock me out of my room just so I'd join their petty gathering.

Now as an adult, I don't really know what to feel about it. I hated the fact that I'm the one setting up things instead of my parents. But at least our wasn't that packed.

The fireworks started while we all ate our dinner. We could see a couple of kids running around on our neighbor's backyard with lit-up sparklers in hand.

Niall laughed boisterously while we watched the show, "Happy Fourth of July, you non-Americans!"

We all laughed, pausing our dinner while waiting for the show to be over

Niall couldn't seem to wait as he took a big bite of his burger, he seemed to be the only person to genuinely like it, "So, how's it going with you two?"

Harry looked at me, expecting me to answer.

"It's barely a week, I guess we're okay," I said.

Niall shrugged, "Yeah, but what I meant was if you both wanna make it work than you gotta have to go out sometimes, right?"

Sophia and Liam nodded in agreement.

"We did, we ate at the diner yesterday and then we went to the grocery earlier," Harry said in a monotonous tone.

Niall laughed, "God, Harry. You can do better than that."

Harry scratched the back of his head, "I guess so."

I blushed, remembering how I woke up this morning. Harry was looking at me. Did he remember it too? I hope not 'cause I did left quite a drool stain in his shirt.

"Guess there's still no interesting stories now," Niall shrugged, his face suddenly lights up in time with the fireworks, "Speaking of interesting stories, I remember when we all went to California for this music festival, and at about the second night at our hotel... We'll all I'll say was I didn't get any sleep cause you guys were so noisy—OW!"

Sophia was sending him daggers, She probably kicked him under the table. Liam was in the midst of being shocked and laughing and Harry, God Harry's face was funny enough. His eyes were wide and he suddenly tinged pink.