Chapter Three:

I hummed along to the music blasting in my ears, murmuring the lyrics to 'Say Something I'm Giving Up On You'  by A Great Big  World under my breath. Looking cautiously around the empty hall, I check to see if anyone was still standing around.

I'm alone, with music playing, in a hallway, with half an hour to go before first bell.

I do what any other right-minded person would do- pretend I was in a contemporary music video.

I push myself through dramatic pirouettes, kicking my tight-clad legs up to my head, throwing my arms around with enough force to knock someone out cold. I throw myself up in a jump, all limbs airborne for the finale, and land back down just as the song ends.

My blonde hair is sticking to my face in sweat, my heart thudding like crazy in my chest, nearly breaking my ribs. I pull out one ear phone, eager to give myself a break, when a series of slow, rhythmic claps sound from behind me.

I nearly jump out of my skin, spinning on my heel to face whoever witnessed that cringe worthy moment of my utter ridiculousness.

Blood flies to my cheeks, tinting them what I'm sure is a crimson red, as I meet the rather amused gaze of Nathan Walker.

His dark blue eyes are just twinkling with amusement while he tries to keep a smirk at bay. It results in a weird lip-twitching action as he moves from his position leaning against the lockers to come stand in front of me. His slim yet muscled figure is a mere foot in front of me, hands stuffed in his ripped-jean pockets. He's wearing a slightly wrinkled grey button down shirt, with the top two buttons undone, revealing the top of his bare, pale chest.

He seems less intimidating when not surrounded by a crowd of people feet shorter than him, and yet I'm at a loss of words to see him showing an emotion other than anger

Trying to play it cool, like it totally doesn't matter he just caught me dancing my heart out, I give a slight smile, and a light chuckle.

"Sorry you had to be scarred for life there," I tuck a lock of hair behind my ear, nervously looking down at my old chuck tailors.

Nathan simply looked at me, dark blue eyes piercing into mine. It's strange to be so close to Him- I have to crane my neck to see his face he's so tall. Then again, with my 5.4 frame, I'm fairly short.

"Well, I'm going to head off before I manage to humiliate myself further." I laugh, and give a weak wave before turning and walking away down the hall, plugging my earphone back in my ear and blasting Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars, trying to rid myself of the sheer embarrassment that was displayed before Nathan Walker.

.  .  .  .  .

I push myself down onto the cold bench, dropping my lunch on the table. I'm first one here- as usual- so I dig right in, peeling the plastic wrap off my sandwich, and poking through the hole on my juice box.

The cafeteria is nearly full, with people slumping down at tables with their friends, already launching into conversation and eating their food. Just when I'm starting to feel all sad at an empty table by myself, my friends slowly start streaming in, dropping their lunch bags and trays down on the table.

My friends consist of seven super-duper, ultra-amazing, fabulous people that are all equally crazy (yet talented) in their own unique ways.

First, there are the twins, Brandon and Brady; both basketball players, both blonde haired, one with green eyes, one with blue. They're insanely funny, arguing day and night with each other, and are bigger drama queens than Luke.