Chapter Twenty-Eight:

"EMMA BABY BEAR DAWN, DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?"

In seconds my peaceful sleep is ruined, bombarded with the flickering of lights, and the slamming of the door as it bounces off the wall. I groan in response, burrowing deeper into my nest of blankets, pillows and warmth.

My attempts prove futile as Luke shakes my shoulder, sitting down on the edge of my bed, making everything shift towards him.

"Emmaaaaaaa," His groan of impatience matches my own as I roll over, trying to escape to the cold, untouched other side of the bed.

I'm met with silence as his arm falls from my side, and for a split second I convince myself he's gone.

The unexpected weight on my back has me gasping, pulling my head out from under the covers to reach fresh air.

"I guess we can just sleep all day, this is comfy anyways." His sigh is accompanied by the relaxing of his muscles, dropping all his weight on my small frame, nearly rendering me breathless.

"L-Luke, you fat ape, GET OFF!" Desperate for escape, I reach my hand out to grip the bed frame, stretching my arm out until my fingers brush the wood.

"Now, now, shush up Baby Bear, we're sleeping." He reaches for my arms, pulling it back to hold my hand.

"I'll get up, I promise okay?" In seconds his weight has disappeared, taking the covers with him as he rips them away, earning a sharp gasp from me as cold air hits my skin.

Rolling over, I 'accidentally' elbow his stomach on my way up, reaching for the sweater I left at the edge of my bed.

Luke drags me down stairs as I pull it on, nearly skipping down the last few steps into the kitchen.

"I told you I could do it." Luke drags me along by the hand, beaming a triumphant grin at Beau.

"Not in under two minutes." His accompanying smirk makes Luke frown, guiding us to the kitchen table to sit.

"That wasn't the deal, butt brain."

"Butt brain, that's the best you could come up with?"

"I wouldn't swear in front of Baby Bear! What kind of monster are you?!" Luke's gasp rings in my ear as he pulls me on his lap, winding his arms tight around me.

He's too warm for me to protest, so I snuggle back into his chest, content to enjoy the show in my new bubble of heat.

"How am I the monster, you're the one manhandling my sister around the house. Why can't she just sit next to you instead of on you?!"

"Don't insult our relationship! And I'll have you know, I have a perfectly muscled chest that exquisitely matches her height, and it offers a very comfortable spot for her to lean on." He sticks his tongue out, just to solidify his point, and I can't help but agree, leaning back into his body.

"Is it invisible muscle? You're like a walking toothpick!"

"Excuse me? Do you even look at me in the locker room, my biceps are bigger than your face!"

Throwing his head back, Beau guffaws, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Yeah right, my wrist is bigger than your biceps."

"Dude, if your wrist is bigger than these guns, you should seriously get it checked out."

"It was a joke dimwit, can't your brain handle those?"

Love, Emmaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें