Chapter 8: A Few Mixups

(Y/n) exited out from the storage room with a fresh bottle of the cleaning solution in hand. As she proceeded to make her way back towards the library, she found herself halting once the sound of heavy breathing entered her perception. Turning around to inspect the origin, she was greeted with a hollow corridor that didn't seem to hold any sing of life. The alerting sounds had also stopped, leaving the silence to completely envelop her surroundings. Once her suspicion had died down the female turned her back to the route, only to hear the same agitated huffing.

The female swivelled back to see a door just a few feet away, being shut from her swift movements. The girl stared at the structure under doubt if she had even witnessed it properly, only for her feet to slowly carry her towards the mysterious entrance. She stood in front of the door for a few seconds, simply surveilling it and contemplating over what action she should take, doubting she had even seen the movement. Spending an elongated time simply weighing out chances in her mind, the female froze in the spot as the door was cracked open for head of black, slick hair to pop through the gap.

The moment the female locked her (e/c) eyes with the pair of wide, golden ones she immediately recognised her watcher. The boy darted out of view before immediately shutting the frame to create a hindering obstacle for the girl to pass. (Y/n) glared at the closed door before she began slamming her knuckles against the structure in a coaxing manner.

"House keeping!" Her irritated voice rang through the halls, seeping into the room like a venomous threat. The girl grabbed onto the handle, realising the male would lock the entrance any second she wasted, and quickly began pushing against the opposite force. Once she managed to unlatch the lock and created a gap, she firmly set her foot between the frame and door to maintain the progress. "The hell is wrong with you?!" With a single push against the driving force, the boy found himself sliding against the wood as the nonexistent friction lead to him stumbling into his own clutter.

(Y/n) lightly opened the now unobstructed door to see her observer trying to regain his balance through the mess. Gennai looked up at the girl who towered over him with a spiteful scowl, and immediately felt his instincts urging him to dive further down in his belongings as an attempt to escape.

"Why were you watching? Did you think I was going to steal something again?" The male turned his head away in arrogant disregard. (Y/n) felt her temper peak at the dismissive behavior before her entire senses began getting irritated with the sight before her. Somehow, the clumps of cloths, items, furniture and objects seemed to have birthed more since the last time she had visited the room. She almost pitied the entire chaos as the entire space seemed to be getting engulfed in the mess.

Gennai noticed her scrutinising sights assessing the area, and quickly stood up in a protective manner. "Stop looking around! If you're here to judge then I'd rather you screw off than look at my precious belongings!" The boy stood before her, as tall as his body could stretch him, trying to obscure as much of the view of her environment. (Y/n)'s blank look seemed to muffle his perception over her thoughts, and was surprised when she turned around to walk out of the door.

The male lowered himself back on his heels as he suspiciously scanned the threshold of the room. After concluding the female had completely left him on his own, he proceeded to walk back to the comfort of his belongings. Preparing to adequately seat himself amongst old toys and boxes, his attention was grabbed by the sound of rustling synthetic material emanating from the doorway. He looked back to pinpoint the origin of the noises to see the girl reentering the room with a black roll of plastic that she unwound to separate into a large bag. Gennai quickly caught onto the female's intentions and immediately threw himself on top of a small pile of pots and decor.

"Get that treasure disposer away from me!" His eyes were glued to the plastic carrier he interpreted as a weapon. The girl huffed out her frustration before fanning air into the sheet until it gained its proper volume and depth. The male's bright orbs widened at the implicitly of the act as he automatically strengthened his grip on the objects. "No! Don't came any closer!"