Chapter 2- New Kids in the Neighborhood

Of course it had to be Drake... Drake, Drake, DRAKE. That "Adorkable" dude from school. Of COURSE he just had to move into my neighborhood. This is just gonna be great...

Jana: (excitedly laughing) Hey look Bianca, its Drake from school.

Me: I noticed...

Jana: (winking and elbowing me) Of course you did.

Me: Okay I get it! You done?

Jana: (mumbles) OK, for now, hehe. Bye B.

Me: Bye JJ.

She walked down the across and down the street to her house. I went inside to my house. I was so glad I was home. Some peace...

Mom: Hello Bianca. How was school?

Me: Fine, as usual. Why do I smell cookies?

Mom: I'm making my famous "new- neighbor" basket.

Me: Oh ok. Where's the basket?

Mom: Your father went to pick up a new one.

Me: Ok, you know they don't expect anything. 

An hour later...

Mom: Are your ready to meet the new neighbors, Bianca?

Me: Wait, What? You didn't tell me I was coming.

Mom: Well you are, so lets go. 

Me: (coming downstairs, mumbling) I don't know why such a  big, freakin' deal about these people we don't know.

Mom: Excuse me... is there something you would like to say?

Me: Noo

Mom: I thought not... now come on Marcus let's go!

(Note: Marcus is Bianca's Father) 

Me: Do I have to go?

Mom: Yes, I heard that they have a child your age. 

Me: (quietly) I know. 

We finally all left our house. My mom, dad and I walked down the street. As we were walking we passed Drake's house. 

Me: Mom, aren't those the new neighbors?

Mom: Yes, but I welcomed them earlier today, while you were at school. 

Me: Oh, ok good.

Mom: Why do you sound so glad?

Me: Oh, no reason. Let's just go.

Mom: Ok, I think they have a kid your age too, though. You should have seen him at school today.

Me: I did.

My mother didn't reply which made me glad. Less questions the better. Anyway, we continued to walk down the street. We finally reached the house. My mom rang the doorbell. It played a really interesting tune. It was longest door chime ever. My dad started  muttering about how people aren't simple anymore. I heard a girl yelling that someone was at the door. Then I heard a lady shouting about how they just moved in and can't get any peace wherever they go. She finally opened the door.

Lady at the door: (in a curt way) What can I do for you?

Mom: Hello, I'm Mrs. Shepard from a few houses up the road, and we (mom glances to dad and I) would like to welcome you to the neighborhood.

(Mom handed her the basket)

Lady at the door: Oh, thank you. Well, if thats all then good-bye. (closing the door slowly)

Mom: Ok bye, and good luck settling in.

The lady didn't reply. Before the door was completely closed I caught a glimpse of a girl looking at me. She looked about my age. I wasn't really sure. Tall enough though.

As we were walking back up the street. I saw a little girl in Drake's playing with a soccer ball. {She looks like the picture on the right-side of your screen :) Except younger... haha :D} I guessed she was his little sister. She was so adorable. Drake was sitting on the porch in a lawn chair, with his drawing pad of course. 

Little girl in yard: Drake, play with me!

Drake: (stern yet gentle, in a way) No thanks Lillian.

Lillian: Pleeaase. 

Drake: I said no. I have better things to do.

Lillian: (runs over to Drake and peeking at his drawing pad): Who are you drawing?

Drake: No one you would know.

Lillian:(pointing) It kinda looks like that girl.

Drake: What girl? (looks up at me) Oh...

He finally noticed that I was kinda watching them. My parents were talking so they didn't notice I was behind. If they did, they didn't care. Which was somewhat good and suprising, noting that they were usually kind of overprotective. I gave him a quick smile and wink. I have no clue why I even winked. Life has been getting weird lately. But surprisingly he waved. His little sister ran up to me.

Lillian: What's your name?

Me: Bianca, and whats yours?

I asked her even though I heard it.

Lillian: My name is Lillian. You have a nice name. (in a sing-song voice) Bianca, Bianca... BIANCA

I giggled and Drake smiled.

Lillian: What's so funny?

Drake: Nothing Lily.

My mom:( from down the sidewalk) Come on Bianca. Dinner's waiting.

Me: (at mom) Coming!

Me: (At Drake and Lillian) I have to go... 

Lillian: (waves crazily) Bye Bianca!

Drake: (looking at drawing pad) Bye Babe. (looks up) I mean Biana! Bianca...

Wow, major slip-up! I just smiled at them then left. As I was walking up to my house, I thought about life and how quickly it changes. I finally caught up to my parents. They were complaining about how rude that lady was. We went inside our house. I went to my room and tried to finish my homework. That didn't work. I wanted to tell Jana but I have a feeling that wouldn't turn out well. I'll tell her tomorrow. I wanted to do something but I'm not sure what. 

Mom: Diner! Come n' Eat!

Me: Coming.

Mom made one of my favorites. Mac n' Cheese. That was delicious. I almost completely forgot about Drake. But of course, my dad had to ask "harmlessly" about why I was behind. I don't even know how that came up in the comversation. I just told him...

Me: I just said hi, you know being neighborly. 

Mom: (under her breath) Well that's an improvement. 

After dinner, I washed the dishes and went back to my room. I was feeling sick. Uggh, I thought. Love-sick. I don't want to be love-sick! I wondered what would happen at school tomorrow...

So what do you think should happen at school tomorrow? Good, Bad??

+Remember to give tips, comments, and other things :) Keep reading and spread the word! :D